Calories posted on snacks at movie theatre = awesome!

Options
I just went to the new AMC theatre near my in-laws yesterday and the calories are posted on the menu boards! OMG nothing there was good for you but I love love LOVE having the calories posted. I now will stop treating those 4 jalepeno poppers as a snack and start treating them like a meal. No more underestimating calorie content in that snack line. Yay!

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow! Brave and commendable.

Bravo to AMC!
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    You could always pack your own snacks and take them into the movie theater with you. :bigsmile: That way you don't have to dedicate so many calories to something that is not going to fill you up and benefit you. :bigsmile:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The prices listed next to snacks at the theater were more than enough for me to abstain =P
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I love when resturants and food places do this, I find it easier to make healthier choices if the numbers are right there for me. So many places have items that seem healthy but really aren't. Salads are a big offender of this
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You could always pack your own snacks and take them into the movie theater with you. :bigsmile: That way you don't have to dedicate so many calories to something that is not going to fill you up and benefit you. :bigsmile:

You can't bring your own food at the movies. It's like bringing your own meal to a restaurant.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I agree... however I am sucker for movie theater popcorn!!

Most places especially fast food have starting adding calorie info to their boards. And if it's not there, they usually have a pamplet with the info...such as McDonalds and Subway.
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options

You can't bring your own food at the movies. It's like bringing your own meal to a restaurant.

You can if you have a big enough purse to hide it in!!! LOL
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Yup. They check our bags here in New York for food. LOL.
  • lilojoke
    lilojoke Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Who says you can't?

I do it all the time... A cliff bar in my pocket or hand full of almonds or nuts in my pocket. I can't believe people fall for this can't bring food in movies. I always buy a water at theatre and bring my protein bar or nuts. Aside from the 2-3 times a year I go to theatre I rather watch movies at home on my iPad!
  • thatblueyedchic
    thatblueyedchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options

False. Considering the ridiculous markup and the fact that they now force me to watch commercials in the previews, I have no problem sneaking in a water and a bag of popcorn.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Theaters prefer that you don't, but, no, it's not like bringing your own meal to a restaurant. You're paying to see a movie. As long as you pay, you are not obligated to buy their overpriced snacks. Now, if you showed up in the theater with your laptop and had everyone gather round and watch movies for free THAT would be like bringing your own meal to a restaurant.

That said, I LOVE any place that puts their calories on their menus. Panera does here in MA, my guess is because they are required to elsewhere so they have just made their boards uniform. It's easier to make choices. They have 2 different turkey sandwiches, and without additional info you'd assume they were in and around the same calories, when they are actually 500 calories different.
  • ilovesnugglies
    ilovesnugglies Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It is very easy to stow away modest snacks in your purse. I even smuggle in bottled water.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I was in Panera Bread the other day and saw they had all the calorie info right there next to the prices on the menu board- I think it's awesome and I wish everyplace would do it. (I also thought it was awesome when I put in the soup and salad from MFP on my phone it matched exactly!)
  • HelloKittyMamacita
    Options
    I am too! And I can't imagine NEVER having theatre popcorn again.