Replies

• Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hourglass....
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    pear shaped hourglass, how 'bout them apples?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. I did an online calculator a while back that had me put in my measurements and it told me I was a pear, which is exactly what I thought I was lol.
  • MagicalFlames
    MagicalFlames Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm hour glass... allbeit a large hour glass...

that is exactly how I describe myself.
  • Jaidee1979
    Jaidee1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    can anyone explain the different types of shapes so i know which i am lol?x

Here is a brief explanation: http://www.mybodygallery.com/body-types.html

I'm an apple.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am definitely an apple. There is a line right in between my butt and love handles where you can see that I hold my weight all in my upper body. I gained 45 pounds and stayed in the same jeans up until the end. I recommend squats, ab work (crunches, reverse crunches, oblique exercises etc.) that targets different muscles in the midsection, lunges, back exercises, etc.

^^ This is me all the way. At heavier weights, like now, I'm an apple. As I lose weight the love handles and waist begin to come in so that they aren't as wide as my hips anymore. so I become more of an hourglass.
  • merilewa
    merilewa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am a pear. Small up top, but bigger on bottom. When gain goes straight to bottom, except recently I had started gaining so much it had started going to my stomach, which I have read is to being to the point of possibly obese. I weigh the most I have. I have lost 20 pound though. I just have about 70 more I would like to lose to be at 150. I think I would be happy at 160 or 170. I am 5ft 7in but realize that I will never have the body that I did pre baby almost 13 years ago. I am wanting to get into shape. We are planning on going on a trip and there will possibly be a lot of walking.
  • matchfitin5
    Options
    I'm a pear :/.... It's pain in the *kitten* to lose my thigh fat. For apples, the best thing is to do a lot of cardio and ab/core work.
  • ninaquelinda
    Options
    I was told I am a strawberry...

That's not good! Not in they way I know that term to be used anyway.....
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I'm hourglass or pear. I think I'm a pearglass. :tongue: Let me check out the test that was posted earlier...

EDIT: apparently an hourglass.
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Pear.... Oh how I wish I was an Hour Glass! Or atleast a small Organic Pear lolol
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Just so I understand, hour glass is busty, small waist and good size butt. 36/24/36 (from Brick House)?

Pear is like hourglass on the bottom, but small chest? 36/24/30?

Apple is ?

The measurements are fictional, I'm just trying to understand what it means. I just rather prefer people say they are sexy. I know what that means.

Me? I'm ready to go.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    I'm a pear. I did an online calculator a while back that had me put in my measurements and it told me I was a pear, which is exactly what I thought I was lol.
    Thought this was interesting.

"Most common female body shapes
    The following are the four most common female body shapes:

Apple (triangle downward)
    Apple-shaped women have broader shoulders and bust, and narrower hips.

Banana, or straight (rectangular)
    Banana-shaped women's waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hip or bust measurement.

Pear, Spoon, or Bell (triangle upward)
    Pear-shaped women's hip measurements are greater than their bust measurements.

Hourglass Shape (triangles opposing, facing in)
    Here, the hip and bust are almost of equal size, with a narrow waist.

A study of more than 6,000 women conducted at North Carolina State University in 2005 revealed that 46% of women were banana-shaped; just over 20% were pear-shaped; just under 14% were apple-shaped; and only 8% were hourglass-shaped. The hourglass is normally accepted as the "ideal" female shape in Western countries."

http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html?bustsize=39&bustsizeunit=inch&waistsize=30&waistsizeunit=inch&hipsize=43.5&hipsizeunit=inch&x=60&y=15

You can use your bust, waist, and hip measurements and it will tell you what you are.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    An extreme pear. As I get older, my body seems to want to put even more weight on my bottom half.

I'm recovering from an injury, but for the past several months I was doing several upper body exercises with dumbbells or machines (lat machine, cable row, triceps push down, assisted pull up) and some body weight exercises (modified push up, working toward the real thing, triceps dip, planks).

For my upper body, I used the heaviest weight I could handle, but I'm not big or strong. I don't use heavy weights on my lower body because from past experience I will get bigger and I don't want to look even more bottom heavy.

For cardio, I liked to do interval training on a treadmill, followed by steady state exercise on a treadmill or elliptical trainer.

I have never been a consistent exerciser.
  • tscott10
    tscott10 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was an Hourglass until I had kids and now I am more of a pear...

Workouts: I used to run 3-4 miles a day when I was younger to keep my hourglass and now I run and weight lift.
  • honeysprinkles
    Options
    Just so I understand, hour glass is busty, small waist and good size butt. 36/24/36 (from Brick House)?

Pear is like hourglass on the bottom, but small chest? 36/24/30?

Apple is ?

The measurements are fictional, I'm just trying to understand what it means. I just rather prefer people say they are sexy. I know what that means.

Me? I'm ready to go.
    I'm a pear and I'm 39/30/43.5 I'm a ways off from my goal weight but that will give you some perspective.
  • xsmallsize
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/waist-to-hip-ratio this will tell you your body shape if you're not sure, I'm apple!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Thought this was interesting.

"Most common female body shapes
    The following are the four most common female body shapes:

Apple (triangle downward)
    Apple-shaped women have broader shoulders and bust, and narrower hips.

Banana, or straight (rectangular)
    Banana-shaped women's waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hip or bust measurement.

Pear, Spoon, or Bell (triangle upward)
    Pear-shaped women's hip measurements are greater than their bust measurements.

Hourglass Shape (triangles opposing, facing in)
    Here, the hip and bust are almost of equal size, with a narrow waist.

A study of more than 6,000 women conducted at North Carolina State University in 2005 revealed that 46% of women were banana-shaped; just over 20% were pear-shaped; just under 14% were apple-shaped; and only 8% were hourglass-shaped. The hourglass is normally accepted as the "ideal" female shape in Western countries."

http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html?bustsize=39&bustsizeunit=inch&waistsize=30&waistsizeunit=inch&hipsize=43.5&hipsizeunit=inch&x=60&y=15

You can use your bust, waist, and hip measurements and it will tell you what you are.

There was a time when the pear was the most common shape for American women. Maybe the obesity epidemic has created an increase in the banana shape.

To be an hourglass, not only are your bust and hips about equal in size, your waist is at least 10 inches less than either your bust or hips.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/waist-to-hip-ratio this will tell you your body shape if you're not sure, I'm apple!

Thanks! This confirmed that I'm an apple.
  • Plussizebritt
    Plussizebritt Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am not sure the biggest thing on me is my thighs