What are the positives (in the gym)?

Options

Replies

• rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am a bit of an introvert so I love taking classes at the gym. That is where I have met some of my longest friendships. Then it makes it easier to get there knowing I am going to see friends.
  • gigishiree
    gigishiree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    most def having every piece of equip at your fingertips. i have weight bench at home thats collecting dust bc i hate changing the weights. i like to zip thru my workout - get done - and get in the steam room. #bliss
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    nice sweaty arm muscles (although my new bf has the most delicious ones and love perving him while he's playing flag football... mmmmmmmmmm)

the classes i attend (zumba and step)

being the only chick in the weight room :smokin:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Cardio bunnies. They look good and are not in my way.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    arm muscles on my fav eye candies :love:

The gym is "my" time, whether I bust my butt or not, depending on my mood, it's my definite me time! And did I mention the eye candy? :tongue:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I love the gym-it is truly my happy time from lifting to spinning to zumba and I love watching myself lift weights and seeing how strong I am (how narcissitic does THAT sound?!?!) but lately it's watching the little old lady who is no bigger than my pinky lift these incredible weights-geez! Seriously, she's 85 years old! I want to be her when I grow up and I told her that. She did say she prefers her aerobic classes but knows she needs to do weights. Dang. (also, incredibly fit guys don't hurt either!)
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    i love those cut-away shirts, lol. also when guys squat or deadlift.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    i often go to a work gym alone, but i also go to a planet fitness, and when I am there, I like when i catch people trying to look without getting caught. And then, later on, watch them copy what I am doing. I don't correct people in the gym, It's not my job, but I will on occasion be near somone, and properly execute whatever it is they are trying to do. So when that sideways suggestion takes hold, It is a good feeling. And at PF, there are tons of people doing god know's what in that weight area...............
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    people kind enough to accept that i was on that equipment first instead of arguing as though they are entitled to it because i went to get some water.
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Cardio bunnies. They look good and are not in my way.

Us cardio bunnies really enjoy the guys who are picking stuff up and putting it back down! You look great and aren't taking up an elliptical or treadmill that I want! :)
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    at PF, there are tons of people doing god know's what in that weight area...............

"Planet Fitness." my condolences.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    at PF, there are tons of people doing god know's what in that weight area...............

they put every non crossfit gym in my area out of business.
  • grainne_eire
    Options
    Im a lady with a bf and straight, but im going to have to say yoga pants too! When a really fit girl is confidently wearing them and a cuts shirt, i think to myself: Damn she looks good, someday that will be me!

THIS!!! It motivates me to run for that extra kilometer.. thinking to myself I can't wait to have an *kitten* like hers!!!

Mine is disgusting but I love when the sweat starts to drip off my face. Also, being in the gym and watching numerous people come in and leave looking like they're about to die while i'm still going strong :)
  • albinogorilla
    Options

its there, and its cheap...........which is all i need
  • Testosterone
    Options

they have a real problem with people who like to work out intensely.
  • albinogorilla
    Options

they have a problem with people that make a lot of noise, there is a big difference between volume and intensity. While i don't agree with their stereotyping of bodybuilders, i do like their judgement free philosophy, even though they directly contradict it by openly judging bodybuilders and mocking them in their commercials...............
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

they have a problem with people that make a lot of noise, there is a big difference between volume and intensity. While i don't agree with their stereotyping of bodybuilders, i do like their judgement free philosophy, even though they directly contradict it by openly judging bodybuilders and mocking them in their commercials...............

So true about the commercials lol. I'm a member at pf and personally I'm not a fan but for the price it is meeting my needs and close to home.
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but I love after running a couple miles on the treadmill, when I get off I can see my sweat dropping off my stomach and back. It's a great feeling!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't know why, but I love after running a couple miles on the treadmill, when I get off I can see my sweat dropping off my stomach and back. It's a great feeling!

Me too. On Stairmaster days I'll lose a pound sweating my *kitten* off. It's awesome.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    the only time i can release some stress even sometimes when i decide to put on my gloves and kill (i mean hit) the heavy bag