Starting Insanity tomorrow....Kinda nervous haha

Options
So I am super excited to start Insanity tomorrow with my husband. I have my measurements, weight and worst of all my before pics all taken.. I have heard that it is pretty intense and I am wondering if anyone has anything that helps them with the sore muscles for the next day at work/the workout. I work in a pharmacy so I am on my feet all day which can make sore legs feel even worse! Any tips would be awesome! Thank you! :)

Replies

• pduckworth
    pduckworth Posts: 133
    Options
    Ibuprofen and lots of stretching! I do extra stretches before and after my Insanity workout and I think it helps :) Im not very flexible yet, so some of his stretches hurt quite a bit.

Anyway, good luck :) Make sure you do the workout the next day even if you're sore! The 30-40 minutes seems so long at first, but they start to go by super quick after only a couple of days!
  • meesapanda89
    Options
    I just started last week and am going strong. Make sure you stretch while your muscles are warm and maybe do some extra stretching after the video. Push yourself but take breaks when you need them, and stick with it! It's really easy to want to quit because it's so intense, but you'll see improvements in your fitness quickly. A foam roller would probably ease the soreness, too, but I'm finding that I'm less sore with every workout.

Good luck!
  • alexandraleaden
    Options
    Im doing it tomorrow to! I haven't measured or done pictures. How is the fit test for the first time?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I am 3 weeks in.....getting close top starting the "hard" dvd's.

All I can say is...lots of Ibuprofen. You might not have the same problem as me, weight 295 lbs and being gigantically fat, but the painkillers help!

I feel great now though!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    What we need to do, is get a bunch of people to start on the same day. If we could get a group going, get a "start" date, and post before pictures.

Then post midway pictures, and than final pictures. I would reset my Insanity to do this!
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    Im doing it tomorrow to! I haven't measured or done pictures. How is the fit test for the first time?

I havent done it... on the calendar it says to do it monday so I was just going to start then! It doesnt too bad... If you do have the calendar that came with it then on the bottom right it shows you the fit test moves
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    That would be awesome to have a group set up! Thanks everyone for your help! :)
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    I just finished Insanity a few weeks ago and got amazing results! I used icy hot a few days for my achy muscles, but other than that like everyone else has said make sure to stretch well! Insanity is amazing, and gets easier as you keep going! I wish you the best of luck! (my result pictures are on my profile if you want to take a look!)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 1st wk! yes it is intense! However, I feel sore while doin some of the workouts but as far as feeling sore after or the next day.. um, I havent got that feeling yet.. So, Idk but um gooood luck to you. and we also have a Insanity Group for everyone that is doin it and wants motivation and tips!!! wooooooooooooo INSANITY!!!!
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    I swear to god I feel like the only guy on this website lol
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    Awesome! I am starting tonight right when I get home from work! Thanks for the help :)
  • hagiography
    Options
    Hey I'm starting today too!
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WOW you do it! I throw off my hat to you! Insanity is INSANITY lol
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    bump... starting today figured these tips would help me out:)
  • Amore219
    Amore219 Posts: 8
    Options
    What is Insanity? I'm kind of new to this... but it sounds like it works!
  • ladyjoie
    ladyjoie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I started today! The fit test is no joke!
  • jenngarza
    jenngarza Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started today and let me say I failed miserably LOL
  • jthompson520
    Options
    Bump... Starting today as well, nervous but ready to try something different.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two of the second month, and really, what got me through the first month was lots of stretching afterwards and finding a good protein powder to refuel the muscles and shorten recovery time. Oh, and don't feel discouraged if you can't get through the workouts start to finish without hitting pause. I STILL hit pause through the workouts to give my heartrate some time to recover - the 30 second breaks he gives in between circuits just don't cut it. LoL. And it's refreshing to see that even the people in the DVD have to take breaks - even more so in the second month.

This one is the best protein powders I've found:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3509954&cp=3593187.2108294

It's a little on the pricey side, but it's definitely worth it. Bonus: it actually tastes good (well, the chocolate does anyways - I haven't tried the others).

Just keep digging deeper and you'll get there!
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    Awesome we can do this! Getting ready for to fail the test miserably in about an hour lol! I will let you know how i do... And BTW I asked my hubby's friend about sore muscles (he is big into fitness) and he said that bananas can help recover your muscles too!