Options
    bump
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump
  • loobloo87
    Options
    I was wondering if you could help me, im confused about how much i should be eating every day....MFP says 1700calories + eating back exercise calories but there have been several post on here about BMR and TDEE and this is what i gathered from these posts:
    Body fat - 28.2%
    BMR - 1401 calories
    Daily calories aimed for with moderate exercise 2249 calories
    Net calories - >1600/day
    TDEE - 2670 calories

Therefore i should:

Always eat above 1401 calories
    Eat less than 2670 calories
    Ideally eat 2249 calories
    Can burn (2249-1401) 848 calories without eating back

Or should i stick to MFP and eat 1700 on non-exercising days and 1700 + exercise calories on days I run?
    I find that if i eat 1700 calories one day and then Run first thing the next morning I have no energy!

I'm a bit lost and i've not lost any weight in for weeks so i'm defiantly doing something wrong!

HELP!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    Good grief I've got homework to do.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    oh lord, wakeup call. anyways, I need help, im so confused. if anyone is still reading this.
    currently MFP has me on 1370 and eating back exercise calories of course.
    body fat %- 38.7
    BMR- 1352 (katch mcardle)
    suggested calories- sedentary- 1753; light active- 2009, moderate active- 2265
    tdee- ? dangit can't see the 1st post now to calculate.

uh so how many calories should I eat? im exercising 5-6 days a week, so does that count me as moderately active? confused!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    oh lord, wakeup call. anyways, I need help, im so confused. if anyone is still reading this.
    currently MFP has me on 1370 and eating back exercise calories of course.
    body fat %- 38.7
    BMR- 1352 (katch mcardle)
    suggested calories- sedentary- 1753; light active- 2009, moderate active- 2265
    tdee- ? dangit can't see the 1st post now to calculate.

uh so how many calories should I eat? im exercising 5-6 days a week, so does that count me as moderately active? confused!

I would count that as moderately active and use the 2265 calories.
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    bump for later
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marissa0717
    marissa0717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This makes sense! I was eating 1200 calories at first but I was not losing and I was pretty cranky. Upped my calories to 1400-1500/day and have been consistently losing ever since! And I am not cranky anymore. It seemed weird at first since I am only 5' tall and started at 135 lbs, but now that I keep constantly losing, I am a believer!!
  • cafred
    cafred Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This makes sense! I was eating 1200 calories at first but I was not losing and I was pretty cranky. Upped my calories to 1400-1500/day and have been consistently losing ever since! And I am not cranky anymore. It seemed weird at first since I am only 5' tall and started at 135 lbs, but now that I keep constantly losing, I am a believer!!

@marissa - so good to hear! I am also short at 5'1" and have processed all this info but haven't been willing to go all the way up to the 1900 level it recommends. I have been trying to stay up around 1500 a day this week and have seen the scale move myself. Do you mind me asking what your specific numbers are? I'd like to compare to mine since we are similar in height and weight.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    so if my BMR is 1205, i am to be eating 200 more?
  • cafred
    cafred Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    so if my BMR is 1205, i am to be eating 200 more?

Yes, 200 more would be the minimum you should eat but that is if you are sedentary. If you work out, you would need to eat your calories from working out back as well to make sure your NET (calories in-calories out) does not fall below this minimum number.
  • mollyquewl
    Options
    bump
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • 2monthstogo
    Options
    Nicely put! Can you come and teach my students this. They won't listen to me! LOL
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later. Thank you!
  • MelV1
    MelV1 Posts: 31
    Options
    bump