Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag, except REALLY heavy?

Options
jadelyndsey
jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
This is just a post for people who feel a bit flumpy and defeated. I know I do! After losing 16lbs and well on my way to my half way target (my half way target was to lose 20lbs by mid may, and to then lose a further 20lbs by September 1st to meet my full target.) However, NOW I have regained weight, (7lbs to be exact, over 2 weeks) and have now only lost a total of 9lbs. BOO HOO! :(

But. Here's a kind of cool NSV. And it only just made me realise that I CAN and WILL turn this thing around.

My whole life, I have lived to eat rather than ate to live. Sad, yes but I'm sure I'm not the only one. I used to bake a cake, ice it, make it pretty, and then devour it (myself) and then eat my normal foods during the day on top. THIS was my downfall.

But today, my sister asked me to make something sweet, and my first thought was mmm, lets get into my PJ's, put a good film on and eat it all by myself (with a little slither for my sister) but today, something just clicked.

NO! I will no longer be a slave to the crave! I will eat to keep my body running, and have an occasional treat. A little bit of what you fancy does you good afterall. So tonight people of MFP, I made cupcakes. Full fat really yummy cupcakes. The kind that I used to make, and not sleep at night until I ate at least 50% of them. But, Instead of eating all of them, I put my PJs on, got all snuggled in, and slowly ate ONE cupcake. And you know what, it made me realise that I don't need the whole cake to satisfy the urge to eat something sweet, and I didn't get the guilty pang afterward.

I will meet my half term goal (albeit it a week or 2 late) and I will be sexy for September, WORLD, LOOK OUT!!!!!! & If I can do it, you all can! Happy Monday everybody.
xxx

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!