Any James Patterson Fans?

Options
Ueropa
Ueropa Posts: 73
I was plagued with a broken finger, the stomache flu, and strep throat (twice) in a two month span so I spent alot of time loafing around my house being a veg.. and became addicted to James Patterson Novels. I take my daughters to the library about once a week and thought it might be nice to get addicted to something besides diet and exercise. So I grabbed Tick Tock from the hot picks at the library. I finished the book in 2 days and was driving back to the library like a crazy fiend to get more. All James Patterson books are belong to me! ;) So far I've read All the Michael Bennet books, The first two Alex Cross books, Toys, and you've been warned.

Any James Patterson addicts recommend which ones I should plow through next?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Now you've got me interested....

What kinds of books does he write? :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I listened to the Cross books years ago at the gym. Kept me motivated.
    I have also read all the Michael Bennett books, and am waiting for the next one.
  • Ueropa
    Ueropa Posts: 73
    Options
    Mostly adult mystery, he's an excellent writer! You should check him out!
  • LizKurz
    LizKurz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I swear to you, I've read every thing he's written, even the sappy stuff.

I have yet to read a book I didn't like.

You can literally choose any book and read it, if you like him, you'll like his books.

The only thing is that you want to read some of them in order. While I like Alex Cross, and the Women's Murder Club books, The Michael Bennett series is my favorite.
  • Missy5792
    Missy5792 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love James Patterson! I've liked everything I have read. If you like sappy books, check out suzanne's diary to Nicholas. Boy oh boy did I cry, and cry, and cry...but such a good book!!!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    The guy that played Edward? Kind of lame. he was better in "Harry Potter".
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have read all of them up to date!! He is my favorite!!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Totally a fan of James Patterson......love the Alex Cross series....and as mentioned above...Suzanne's diary totally made me cry...so sappy, but so cute....lol!!!!

Haven't had the chance to read in awhile...need to get back to that.
  • joangary
    joangary Posts: 1
    Options
    I also love James Patterson's books. I have listened to all the ones that are in audio book form. I like the Women's Murder Mystery Series. The books have numbers in the title!
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love James Patterson! I've liked everything I have read. If you like sappy books, check out suzanne's diary to Nicholas. Boy oh boy did I cry, and cry, and cry...but such a good book!!!!

i 2nd that!!!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Uh that's ROBERT PATTINSON lol
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Uh that's ROBERT PATTINSON lol
    I didn't know that he was an author too. I hope he writes better than he acts. :drinker:
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Love! Have read all but the newest in the Alex Cross series and same for Women's Murder Club...love both series and have read bunches of his individuals...great writer!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love his stuff too. I recommend going to his website and working through the Alex Cross novels in order. The cases are usually separate but the storyline with Alex builds in each book. The first is Along Came A Spider. :)
  • theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eh, not a fan. I don't think he has a great writing style. And I feel like if someone can write THAT many books, they aren't dedicating enough time to them.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    LOVE James Patterson books!! My favorite is anything with Alex Cross. There's an Alex Cross movie coming out in the fall.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Years ago, a friend insisted I had to read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Hated it. It was such a sappy, crappy romance novel. I know his mysteries are probably much different, but I just cannot bring myself to read anything else by him.
  • runnergirl1017
    Options
    Women's Murder Club! Excellent books!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I liked the postcard killers, bought it at the airport. I also read the first one in the London series, they were advertised all over the London tube. Wish I had picked up the second one over there something games?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Love! Have read all but the newest in the Alex Cross series and same for Women's Murder Club...love both series and have read bunches of his individuals...great writer!
    Forgot about those! I have a few of those left to read, actually.
    RIght now I'm reading/listening to Susan Hill's series (same idea). And Tana French's series (same idea). Hill's are set in England, French's in Dublin.