Looking to make this last!

Options
:happy:

I heard about this site on facebook so I thought I'd check it out! My name is Trisha and I am in desperate need of motivation and support. My husband has tried but again gave up on me because I tend to give up on myself time and time again. This site seems easy to manuever so I'm hoping it's something that will stick. I'm looking forward to friendship and support along my journey. Good luck to us all as we work towards getting healthier!

Replies

• kyriggs77
    kyriggs77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello, welcome you can do it! Lot's of suppport here. I've learned so much and some of the recipes are great.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    If it helps any, this is the first time in my 49 years of being overweight that I am confident about not only reaching a healthy weight, but staying there. Forever. Because of what logging my food here has taught me.

Good luck! I hope you have great success. Remember it's a marathon, so remember to look at the big picture, not the ground in front of you. If I can do it, so can you!
  • kim8184
    kim8184 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi Trisha, nice to meet you. I know you said you have given up on yourself time and time again, but you know what, at least you keep trying. This time, I'm sure you will make great strides. I too jump on the band wagon and am all hyped up and then something comes and knocks me off track. I would like it if you added me as one of your friends. I'm 46, and would like to lose around 80 lbs. I started this time around on Feb. 5th and have come to the conclusion that this is the last time I want to struggle with my weight.
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using the app off and on on my phone for months, but just last week finally found the website (duh) and it's been a huge help! You are strong and capable and there's a lot of supportive people here to help you along the way!
  • Epetrovitch
    Epetrovitch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This great site to help you keep track of what you eating. Lots of good information and the support helps tremendously. Welcome and best of luck on you journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. Ed
  • kristenkillens
    Options
    Hi Trisha! I feel your pain! I am into my second week of this and its hard! but its ok we can support each other :D:laugh: :laugh:
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi, Trisha

We can all use the support; feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been here about 3months, and am 1 pound away from my halfway point. Feel free to add me!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! There is so much information and friendship on here. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • SCH67
    SCH67 Posts: 21
    Options
    I wish you the best Trisha... it isn't an easy journey at times as we all know, with many ups and downs along the way. Just remember that it is life long and if you fall, you just have to pick yourself up and get back on that wagon....We are all in this together.
    if you would like to add me to your friend list to help with support, I would like that.
  • TrishaB74
    TrishaB74 Posts: 43
    Options
    thank you all very much for the warm welcome!!
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome Trisha,
    This site really works!
    Since January 30th I have lost 30 lbs just by logging what I eat - all the foods I used to eat except junk food -(although I do have treats every week or so).
    I used to eat > 400gm chocolate/choc biscuits/day -so if I can do this anyone can.
    I usually log meals in advance and adjust my exercise -usually just walking -( I have a FITBIT too and aim for > 10000 steps per day) -if I am hungry and need to eat more!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good luck
    Jan
  • luckygirl5918
    luckygirl5918 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I've been her only a short time too and I love it...I keep the little journal to and love coming here for ideas and inspiration! Good luck!
  • luckygirl5918
    luckygirl5918 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    btw how did everyone get those little charts on their posts?
  • freyasdesire383
    Options
    Trish !! Im so glad ur here with me.I wish you still lived right next door to me,we could get together and workout when ever we felt like it.that would be awesome motivation(ahh,if we were still teenagers) So..since your there and i am here Fitness pal will be awesome..im in for this change and it is fabulous u are too .we can encourage and support each other through our journeys. We are gonna be so hot this summer girl!!!!!