Who has the sexiest accent??

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Lots of votes on here for Australian men.....I didnt think I spoke out of the ordinary!! ;-) But thanks!!

I have something for English accents on woman, but not all English accents!!!!!

I might also add......what annoys us Aussies the most is when our Aussie actors star in American films and fake an American accent!!! We hate it, and now I realise that you guys all love the accent, makes it even more strange that they would get us to do that!! ????

If the actor is playing the role of an American, it stands to reason that they'd have to speak with an American accent (ie, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine). I have found that I can usually spot an Australian faking an accent most of the time, though. Something about the vowels they can never seem to get quite right...especially the long i sound. Not a criticism of Australian acting abilities, just a general observation. Of course, on the flip side, there are very few Americans who can get an Australian accent right. That's just as annoying, trust me! Australians do have beautiful accents, though. Love 'em!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Definitely the Texas drawl.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Austrian accents for the win!

Lovin it :drinker:
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    Does it matter!!!! Any accent is acceptable!!!! :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Love Aussies and Scots!
  • xjulesjx
    xjulesjx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    French :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm Colombian :)
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I guess when people say 'English' accent they mean the traditional Received Pronunciation style dialect. I can guarantee that NO ONE would like my northern 'English' accent...

I love Australian accents- so sexy

I like both the southern and northern accents :) I especially like the accents from Yorkshire, hehe

People from London seem to have trouble understanding my Yorkshire accent.

Me, I like the Geordie and Cornish accents.
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I might also add......what annoys us Aussies the most is when our Aussie actors star in American films and fake an American accent!!! We hate it, and now I realise that you guys all love the accent, makes it even more strange that they would get us to do that!! ????

Or when D!ck Van *kitten* tries speaking like a Cockney and fails (in Mary Poppins).
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Scottish or Irish, both make me melt! :love:
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    me----cause im cuban ..................
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Personally like the aussie and scottish male accent (ewan mcgregor may have coloured my judgement there)

Find it funny when Americans say they like English accents cos when I was out there only 1/10 could tell I was English, most thought I was Australian and I have a Queens English accent as well...
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ACCENTS. But the ones that I have had the pleasure to enjoy are English and South African.
  • manasunshine
    Options
    Irish & Scottish accent *swoon*
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    None. People need to shut up to be honest.
  • gatorgirlyyy
    Options
    Men from the South. :)

Mmmmm Mmmmm Southern Men. <3

Who's with me?

Cowboy up!
  • shaneNSW
    shaneNSW Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    American women, they can sell me just about anything.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Nothing can beat a man with a Scottish accent.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options

Of course, on the flip side, there are very few Americans who can get an Australian accent right. That's just as annoying, trust me! Australians do have beautiful accents, though. Love 'em!

On the contrary - Rene Zellweger and Meryl Streep aside, most American actors who attempt an English accent always hit the bullseye with an Aussie accent instead :laugh: ..and then there's the likes of Kevin Costner who didn't even try, and made our legendary Robin Hood an American.

Personally I dislike most Aussie accents, they often sound nasally and a lot of Australians use a rising inflection at the end of their sentences, so everything sounds like a question? ..To my ear also the Afrikaans accent is the absolute worst, it sounds so unnatural and forced, probably because if it's hybrid origins, it's even worse than Brummie. :tongue:

Apologies to any Aussie, South African, or American actors reading this, it's just my opinion. People from the English west midlands though, particularly Brum, get no such consideration.
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    My accent is a mix inbetween english and aussie... it keeps people guessing ;)