Need to eat more veggies

Options
I love fruits but have a hard time eating a lot of veggies. Any good ideas on simple and fun ways to eat veggies?

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I mix them in with stuff. So if I am making chili I will put in chopped up spinach or the same if I make an egg bake. I also make veggie soup a lot as for some reason that doesn't bother me.

I have a rule now where I have to find one veggie I have never eaten and try it each month. if I don't like I have to try one more time before I am off the hook on that one. I have found a few I like: spaghetti squash, parsnips, turnips and some I don't: Brussels sprouts, eggplant and asparagus. I usually cook them just with a misting of olive oil first and then the second time try to jazz them up by searching online for something.
  • mistycastle
    mistycastle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like kale right now, you can add it to soups, pastas, stews, etc, or just have it cooked on it own with garlic. Its so good!
  • wiglett
    wiglett Posts: 53
    Options
    try watermelon radish! its tangy n crunchy!
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    Bump! I was literally just searching on Google for ways to get my veggies in since I'm getting kinda tired of salads. I hope the ideas keep coming!
  • Trucker40
    Options
    I started making a Kale smoothie. Sounds gross, but it is delicious! Use about a cup of cleaned kale (remove the stems) add 1/2 banana, strawberries, 3/4 cup of skim milk or water works fine as well with yogurt. It is soooo good! It's filling and loaded with vitamins. You can also make Kale Chips...you will not be able to stop making them once you start. Clean about 3 cups of kale, dry very well, add about a 1/2 teaspoon of oil olive mix around...place on cookie sheet and add sea salt, bake in oven about 20 minutes or until crisp and yummmo! Hope this helped. Sorry for punctuation...I am too tired after Zumba!
  • Bunnybeesweet
    Bunnybeesweet Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I started adding shredded carrots, beets, and even peas to my morning oatmeal! And I've always been a big fan of adding fresh parsley or mint to a fruit salad. Not just one little sprig...A LOT! Yum.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Green shakes are the way to go. I get at least 1/2 lb of leafy greens from them every day. Here is an example recipe:

Shake.jpg

This one is good as well:

10 oz. water
    1/2 frozen banana
    1/2 c. frozen pineapple
    1/2 orange
    8 oz raw spinach
    1/3 bunch parsley (remove stems)
    1/8 c. fresh basil