Looking for ideas-- I've burnt more than I ate today so far

Options
I decided I wanted to be adventurous and took my first walking trip to the store today. It's been YEARS since I've walked to the store... But.

I didn't know it'd be a 3.5 mile trip. Nor did I know it'd burn 610 calories-- effectively voiding out my breakfast.

It's now 3pm and I'm having a silly little meltdown because I don't know how I can possibly eat all of the 1700 calories I have left for the day.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with this or ideas on what to eat that is calorie dense and not horrible for me? lol Kind of a silly problem, but I figure someone'll know what to do.

Replies

• TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have had experience with that and it makes me feel kind of sluggish and proud at the same time. :) I usually do a protein shake or meal replacement shake. Almonds are good too. Really it depends on how you are dieting as to what works best. I am doing a high protein diet and therefore I mostly do the protein shake. If you are not worried about carbs, a meal replacement shake is good or a protein bar, most protein bars are actually loaded with carbs. Get the one with the least amount if sugar you can find.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    I have had experience with that and it makes me feel kind of sluggish and proud at the same time. :) I usually do a protein shake or meal replacement shake. Almonds are good too. Really it depends on how you are dieting as to what works best. I am doing a high protein diet and therefore I mostly do the protein shake. If you are not worried about carbs, a meal replacement shake is good or a protein bar, most protein bars are actually loaded with carbs. Get the one with the least amount if sugar you can find.

Yeah, I actually looked at the bars when I was at the store thinking it'd be a good boost on the way home. The lowest one I could find had 21 grams of sugar! Yeeeeks. I ended up buying an apple and some turkey breast to munch on instead.

I'm going to do the protein shakes for sure, as that is what I'd like to get the most of macro wise. :) Thanks for responding!
  • TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good call on the snack. Watch out on turkey lunch meat has a lot of sodium. I didn't realize that until MFP showed my sodium levels off the charts. The best protein bar that I've found is called Pure Protein, I like the chocolate peanut butter. The best part about them is they only have 2g of sugar and low carbs.