exercises that dont involve standing/walking

Options
Help! I was currently diagnosed with a high risk form of vasovagal syncope and tachycardia. In short I pass out from standing or walking long. This is killing what I know for exercising. I need some exercises that don't involve either of these. I also need something that does not get my heart rate too high due to the tachycardia and medicine I'm on. ( yes I'm going to ask my doc but I don't see him for awhile so I figured I'd ask here).
Thank you!

Replies

• katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine?
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Definitely weight lifting. You can do it in a seated position. I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis, I've never heard of that before. Hang in there, you don't need to run to get health benefits, maybe also use a recumbent bicycle.
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Recumbent bike. Nice comfortable seat and you can keep your heart rate where you need to.
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I think I'm going to look into a recumbent bike.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I used to own a DVD called Core Secrets. There isn't much standing at all, A lot of it is sitting on the ball lifting dumbbells and ab/core work. I loved it. You could modify any of the moves that require standing. Good luck and get better soon.
  • c_muschany
    c_muschany Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    What about water aerobics. Do you have access to a pool?
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Try Googling "Chair Exercises" I know that there are several Chair Exercise Teams on another Website that I am on a lot. If you want the name, PM me and I will send it to you.