Summer Brides and Bridesmaids How much can drop

Options
124»

Replies

• kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need. I'm in my brother's wedding in August. This is my dress:

http://barijay.com/styles/230/_default.jpg

I am very nervous that I will look dumpy in it. My weight right now is not bad, but I have a small frame and relatively high body fat, so I'm more concerned with shedding fat and tightening up than scale numbers. Thankfully, my arms are starting to come along :)

SW: 140 (135 now)
    GW: 125ish
  • MrsLeibas
    MrsLeibas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the group. Our wedding is October 6 ... so less than 6 months to go! I'm already down 6.7 lbs from January, but have more to go. I don't think I can post a pic of the dress except for one of me in it and I don't know how to do that. I bought the dress last June when I fell in love with it and it fit then, so I'm hoping to lose enough to make the cost of the alterations worth it!

SW:190.8
    CW: 184.1
    GW for October: 160s
    Ultimate GW:140s

By the way, is there a group we should join so we can continue to follow each other? or is it just this post?
  • kingkm02
    kingkm02 Posts: 23
    Options
    I would love to join in! Im in my cousin's wedding June 23 and my dress just fits, my goal is to have to have it taken in! I have only been on here a week and have dropped 5 pounds so im hoping to stick with it.
  • luckygirl111
    Options
    I'm an August 4th bridesmaid and September 1st Bride! I haven't ordered my dress yet but have some top contenders. All will look better if I lose more weight and tone up.

Feel free to add me!
    Let's do this ladies!
  • skinnygurl83
    Options
    I would absolutely love to join in too please.. I have been struggling with my weight for about 4 years now and I am to be Maid of Honour in my best friends wedding which will be in the middle of October.. I am hoping to lose around 26kg by then.. I have been a memper of MFP for a while now but last Monday I really started and have been doing awesome.. I think that doing this challenge will be really good for me and keep me motivated.. I don't have a picture as yet of my dress but will post when I get one.. Does anyone actually know how to do that.. lol.. :laugh:
  • amberdawn02
    amberdawn02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    In my bros wedding July 28th... When I was trying on dresses with my sister, I was looking at myself in the mirror, and even with spanx, I didnt feel good about my body. Thats when I knew I needed a change and that was my major motivation to lose lbs! joined mfp a week or two later!

Starting weight was 152 1/31/12, current weight 139 and goal weight of 130 (by the time I need the dress altered). I ordered a size 10 which fit me perfectly in the beginning of February.. Just hoping the tailor can work some magic!!!

The dress: http://www.billlevkoff.com/style/bridesmaid-dress/153 (I don't know how to post images)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    btw is this a group? if not it totally should be! Everyone is welcome to add me as a friend, but I think a group would be great so we can talk about a bunch of stuff in different threads
  • PsycheSC
    PsycheSC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Getting married September 21. I couldn't get a good image of my dress to post, but here's the link: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Taffeta-Fit-and-Flare-Gown-with-Pick-Ups-and-Sash-WG3029. Right now, all I have is the slip, which is still pretty snug even though I've lost 13 pounds since February. It must all be coming from my upper body! I'm doing P90x and logging my calories like my life depends on it.

Good luck, ladies! And congrats=)
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy joining this... but, I am the Mom of the bride. I so don't want to be the fat mom at the wedding.... no photo's of the dress yet, because I haven't found one. My daughters wedding is August 18th.... 20 pounds down and I'd like to lose at least another 30!
    Mom of the bride too ....
  • Nanamo2012
    Nanamo2012 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm an August 4th bridesmaid and September 1st Bride! I haven't ordered my dress yet but have some top contenders. All will look better if I lose more weight and tone up.

Feel free to add me!
    Let's do this ladies!
    Busy, busy busy
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    btw is this a group? if not it totally should be! Everyone is welcome to add me as a friend, but I think a group would be great so we can talk about a bunch of stuff in different threads

Yep I'm really looking forward to share this with all of you ladies.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm in! October 28 bride here and dress is: <http://promsave.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/n/o/nora.jpg&gt;
    (Maggie Sottero - Nora)

Have my bridal shower in June and aiming to lose 5kg by then. I've lost 10kg already. I'm soooo keen for a bridal group! We should share recipes and any workout routines.

We got this! :happy:

Great idea!
    Here's what I've been having for breakfast and post workout:
    1/2 cup Fat free Plain Yogurt
    1/2 cup Oatmeal (dry)
    1/2 cup blueberries
    Mix and yum. I like this because it provides me with some calcium, good proteins and fiber to fill me up. And it's fast!

Quesadillas:
    2 small Whole wheat Tortilla bread
    1/4 cup refried beans
    2 Tbsp. chopped onion
    1/2 a chopped tomato
    2 Tbsp. chopped red pepper
    1/4 cup grated cheese
    Cooking spray
    -Spread beans on one tortilla bread. Then top with veggies and cheese. Press the second tortilla on top to make a sandwich. Spay both side with cooking spray and cook on med heat until lightly browned. Serve with salsa. This is what I'm having for dinner tonight along with a garden salad.

If your craving something crunchy:
    Pita chips
    1 Whole wheat Pita bread
    cooking spray
    Seasoning of your choice.

Spray pita bread with cooking spray on both sides sprinkle a bit of seasoning and bake at 350 F for about 5 minutes per side. Brake it and eat like chips.
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Wedding is July 7th and I'm a bridesmaid. I've lost 58 lbs since Oct 24, but have not really lost much in the last couple months AND I still have 100 lbs to go (obviously not before the wedding!).

I ordered my dress a couple sizes smaller and am scared I won't fit into it!
    First time I'll ever have worn a strapless dress.. and not loving my arms.
    Will try and post a dress picture soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • macbeth309
    macbeth309 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also, would love to join! I'll be a bridesmaid in October and need to drop as many pounds as possible.

Here's a link to my dress. Not sure how to post the picture.
    http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6618/?color=oasis&colorid=995#.T5bbYe0zOU5
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone...I made group for this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5168-summer-brides-and-bridesmaids

I invited everyone who has posted so far.
  • sehrler
    sehrler Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing that DaisyMae!