Sweet addicts... do u still allow a sweet a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    sure do. I went cold turkey from anything sweet for 3 months. After a while the cravings go away. But when i had to eat something sweet (cant remember why, birthday or something), i ate it... and all hell broke loose! i went crazy!

saying that, i eat pretty clean, my desserts are the only none clean stuff i eat. Either is sugar free jelly, or a skinny cow, or cookie dough pb dip with grahm crackers (100% clean,a and healthy too!), but i fit it in, and dam be sure that i will have one everyday, unless i dont feel like it, then i dont. simple. helps me looks forward to something at the end of the day for all my hardwork and willpower during the day
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Open diary... totally guilty. I eat chocolate, candy, lollipops, popsicles and any other sweet I can get my hands on EVERY. SINGLE. DAY! I loveeee sweets, and as long as I'm under in most of my diet categories, I see nothing wrong with small indulgences :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Not every day, but I absolutely let myaelf enjoy treats often. :)
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yep! I have a couple Hershey's chocolate kisses w/ almonds most every day. Today I went to the mall and had one of the Mrs. Field's "minis", 60 cal's and totally worth it :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have a little piece of very dark chocolate almost every day - 75% cacao or higher..
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes I allow a sweet a day...I can't give up sweets lol..I just don't go overboard like I use to!
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I've been managing to get my fix by putting mini marshmallows in my coffee
    It hasn't affected my diet for like, the past year and it's hella good :)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah!!!

Popsicle brand No Sugar Added Fudgesicles (40 cals each) ROCK!!!!
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in diets. I eat my favorite foods as long as they fit into my calorie counts. And if they don't I've learned to change them up and make them healthier so that I can still have them.

And if I deprived myself I would fail and failure isn't an option!!! I've failed too much before!!
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    Yes, I do, right now. I was successful at going without for several months, but then I just needed some comfort food, so added a little bit of chocolate to my day, not much. I will be dropping it again eventually. I mean, it's not much, and I'm dieting to treat an inflammatory condition, so chocolate isn't really appropriate for me every day. I may stop with the every day thing and do it twice a week, for a special treat or something.
  • skbmcg
    skbmcg Posts: 1
    Options
    A few years ago I lost around 75 pounds by allowing myself 4 Hershey's Kisses a day, after dinner with coffee, if I had done well through the day. A little extra motivation, and something to look forward to. I'm dieting again now and do the same. I've only had 2 today but it's ok because I know they're there and I can have more, which makes me not need them.
  • dotido
    dotido Posts: 49
    Options
    yup
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I like to have a reeces peanut butter cup the snack size before I go to sleep I look forward to it all day and then when I do eat it I really enjoy more! plus only 80 calories and I love peanut butter haha
  • dotido
    dotido Posts: 49
    Options
    Yup, I just had my tea time with sweet treats.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    EVERY day.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yep I sure do
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes, I allow myself a little treat per day, as long as it fits in to my allotted calories for the day. I don't "diet," I just eat healthy and make smart choices. If I try to totally deprive myself, things typically get ugly down the line with a binge. My mantra is everything in moderation!

^^^^^ This...exactly! ^^^^^^

Yep!!! My thoughts precisely.
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweets person too. Everything in moderation. I like those Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares and they are only 53 calories for 1! Never deprive yourself or else you will binge.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one?? No, I don't allow sugar in my diet daily. It makes me crazy. I'm "sugar sensitive." On Easter, I had a piece of pie, and for the rest of the evening, all I could think of was having more sweets - and they were everywhere!! It took sooo much willpower that it wasn't worth breaking my no sugar rule. The next day, I was cranky and hungrier than usual and the sugar cravings were still strong. I made it through that day, though, and felt fine the day after.

My birthday was last week, and so I had some cheesecake. Hope springs eternal. This time, I had a teeny tiny piece, but I still had the same reaction. I was full, but couldn't stop thinking about food. It was like I was possessed.

For me "everything in moderation" leads to disaster and a lot of stress and anxiety. I'm so much happier when sugar isn't in my diet. I now enjoy real food so much more than I used to when I was a junk food addict. And living without that nagging voice in my head all the time makes life very peaceful...and productive!

There's lots of people who are happy with one cookie, and that's fantastic. But if you can relate at all to my story, going sugar free isn't the end of the world, it's the beginning of a much happier life.
  • AZMOM875
    AZMOM875 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is considered a super food. Meaning good for you, but 1 oz a day is the recommended amount. If you can stop at that amount, then go for it. But if you are craving chocolate, it could be that you are wanting the magnesium.

Chocolate cravings are a sign of a magnesium deficiency. Women’s bodies scream for chocolate during PMS. Some researchers believe that women crave chocolate prior to menstruation because it contains high levels of magnesium.

Low b vitamins can also cause that PMS moodiness, and craving for sugar.

I think some of the best advice I read was that all things are permissible but not all things are beneficial. I need to eat right now things that benefit my body, and not harm it. Would I eat some chocolate? Yes. But I avoid other sweets, they do not tempt me too much.