Confused!

Options
Can someone help me. Yesterday I went over my calorie allowance but today I have planned everything I am going to eat plus my exercise that I have done and am planning to do. I still have 884 calories left today! Now, do I have to eat those today or can I keep them for later on in the week?

I do a lot of exercise in the week so does that mean I will have loads of calories to try and use up?

Replies

• roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    You can eat them back or not. Lots of people will come here and try to scare you into eating them all back "YOULL GO INTO STARVATION MODE IF YOU DONT EAT THEM ALL BACK!!!!" etc. Just eat if you feel hungry and stay within your calorie limits and you should be fine. Dont overthink it. I'm below my calories every day and all that's happened is that I've lost weight.
  • erena3636
    Options
    I agree 'Kelledin'. Just stay within your daily calorie and exercise is a bonus, if you choose to use some or all of the exercise calories then thats fine, keeping in mind that keeping those calories from exercise is a quicker way to weight loss. Eat when you need to is the way to go. Good Luck :smile:
  • staceylouise6684
    Options
    Hi i do two forms of exercise a day weighing up to 890 Calories lost during workouts / exercise and i do not eat them back as if i do i will be consuming over 2000 calories a day which is not good for my frame, so calorie intake is all about what your frame is like to start with, eat what you need to eat and if you are not hungrey then do not consume more than you have to just to be spot on with your calories, once you submit your calorie intake each day a message will appear at the bottom to let you know if you have consumed to little calories, but again its all about you and your frame and what you need to get you through the day in a healthy way.
    So all in all i would not worry to much about hitting the calorie target when exercise is involved

Hope this helps
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    The calories from exercise are for that day, you can't use them later in the week.
  • chevvy53
    chevvy53 Posts: 44
    Options
    i dont eat my very few cals I earn from exercise as I dont want to associate exercise with eating and because I cant exercise that much due to problems i dont eat them backas cant burn them off youl do great keep in your cal goal for day and if you feel you need an xtra little something then ta daa you can. :wink:
  • crimsonblueku
    Options
    Can someone help me. Yesterday I went over my calorie allowance but today I have planned everything I am going to eat plus my exercise that I have done and am planning to do. I still have 884 calories left today! Now, do I have to eat those today or can I keep them for later on in the week?

I do a lot of exercise in the week so does that mean I will have loads of calories to try and use up?

I try to eat back most of exercise calories because that's how I have my goals and profile set up. However, if I go over my calories one day, I try to be under on another day (or days) to make up for it. Rather than look at each day, you can also look at your calorie allotment for the week and adjust accordingly. The mobile apps have a great bar graph that shows your average for the week and I try to keep my average number close to my daily calorie goal.
  • crimsonblueku
    Options
    In case you haven't already, check out this informative post!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map
  • Lynkinsmama
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back, but I try every day to eat as close to the original goal as possible.