Howdy Doody from Norfolk, UK

Options
Hi all. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I've been unsuccessful with every attempt at weight loss in the past but I really hope things will be different this time.

Replies

• RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great way to do it. There is plaenty of suuport and motivation on here if you need it, or if you just want to use the calorie counter and go on your own, that's fine too.
  • anj911
    anj911 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm nearish to Oxford, Welcome to MFP :bigsmile:
  • lyndud
    lyndud Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, Good luck, its working for me so far - 28lbs gone - :drinker: only half way though so hope to keep it up !!!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Bucks originally, but now living in Wales. Welcome to mfp, it really is an excellent way of helping you to 'stick to it' :). I've lost over 2 stone since January, and have been encouraged to exercise more as well, which can't be bad!
    Don't think of this as another attempt to lose weight, but as a fresh start to become the new, healthier you!
    Rose x
  • Yellowlass
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, it works!
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    MFP is the way forward!!! It seems to work for som many people no matter what their goal, you just need a little bit of focus and determination - thats all!! you don't haev to cut any food out you just haev to make sure you count it. there are so many people on here to help too.

Good Luck!
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am from Nottm - i feel your pain - i have done loads of diets however this suits me dwn to the ground.

I have decided that this is for me cos 'i am in control' ; i choose my calories, exercise and i am accountable to myself (and my MFP friends) whereas all the clubs etc i have joined in the past have someone else telling me how many points i can have or what is 'good' or 'bad'. Now i decide.

I can eat anything as long as it fits into my calories (which i set and adjust as i want). I decide how much to exercise i do (to begin with it was purely to do with gaining exercise calories to eat - i used to walk round the block so i could have an extra glass of wine)

Feel free to add me as a friend (it helped me to have loads of friends)

Diane
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Heey! I'm from London :-)
    This site is great and keeps you motivated.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll soon be addicted - feel free to add me as a friend
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Kent. You are in the right place to succeed this time, I'm in my 40's now and wish I had found something like this back in my 20's! This works because it's easy to do, especially if you are using a phone, the database of foods is huge and I rarely come across something that's not there. I still eat all the foods that I like in moderation, and just keep within the calories. No deprivation makes it much easier to stick to! Enjoy!!
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Howdy Doody back at ya! Welcome to MFP it's great here :happy: Lot's of help and support from friends if you want it - and this is one thing that has kept me going; I did it all by myself for the first 3 months, then on a more challenging day, thought "blow it" (or something similar) I could do with a boost. Since then I made friends who have come and gone, but some who have come and stayed and just seeing the odd "well done" on my status provides far more of a boost than I thought possible.

I'm in the Midlands BTW. Feel free to friend ping, if you like:flowerforyou:
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Surrey guy here! Add me if you are still in need of supportive friends.
  • thedandylion
    Options
    Thank you for all welcomes, I'm looking forward to a hopefully healthier and brighter future.