Grated cauliflower!! Yum!

teee12
teee12 Posts: 93 Member
So, I've been told grated steamed cauliflower is really good- i tried it and I am definately impressed. Just grate and steam cauliflower, add some garlic for taste, it's like a healthy alternative for rice! :) try! So easy!!

Replies

• kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    I do this a lot - and also break it into small pieces, lay out on cookie sheet, spray with cooking spray, season and cook in oven til brown - "cauliflower popcorn". A healthy low calorie snack.
  • teee12
    Sounds delicious :)
  • zia130
    zia130 Posts: 21 Member
    bump
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    And you can mash the hell out of it and add flavors and it can sub for mashed potatoes.
  • And you can mash the hell out of it and add flavors and it can sub for mashed potatoes.

I was going to post the same exact thing!!! LOL clearly great minds think alike.
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Also good as potatoe salad and I like making a loaded down califlower just like a baked potatoe! Actually, taste better! All kinds of stuff you can do with califlower! Check out Linda's Low Carb Receipes online lots of great ideas! Good Luck!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 313 Member
    Before reading this I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic! I'll have to try it for myself - all the ideas sound fantastic :)
  • scotslass
    scotslass Posts: 317
    I do this a lot - and also break it into small pieces, lay out on cookie sheet, spray with cooking spray, season and cook in oven til brown - "cauliflower popcorn". A healthy low calorie snack.

ooowww im impressed with O/P Post and this, I have cauliflour in the fridge was just going to mash it, but will be trying both thank you!!!
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Bump for more ideas... Thanks y'all.
  • teee12
    Gotta love making healthy food taste great! Overwise eating would be soo boring! :)
  • bump!