Just found out I'm Pregnant!

Options
2»

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My youngest is four so I'm just popping by to say congrats :)
  • babyblooeyes
    babyblooeyes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My dad was an obstetrician and he had said that if you are overweight there is no reason to gain weight while pregnant. You eat what you should eat (healthy, protein, veggies) and you won't end up gaining but just the baby weight alone. He delivered thousands of healthy babies before he passed away. You aren't really eating for two. Remember that.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    just keep eating a healthy diet, you can still exercise, just low intensity. Walking, yoga or stretching, Zumba should be okay, if you don't jump, and just do the low level movements. If you do stretching training just do like arm and legs, nothing that would put strain on the mid-section.
    Congratz!!!!

I did Zumba while I was pregnant too plus there are plenty of pregnant women in my class. Just take it easy!
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats! After my first pregnancy, it took me 7 months to lose the 100 lbs I gained and the day I stepped on the scale at prepregnancy weight, I got pregnant! The second time around I was a warrior. I tracked all of my calories (2,000/day until the second trimester then I added 300 more a day - per DR recommendation). Plus, I worked out like a boss. I did NOT reduce anything in my workout because I was pregnant. Keep your healthy frame of mind!

Thanks for this! I was wondering about how many calories, etc. That's the tricky part. Awesome job on your weight loss!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    just keep eating a healthy diet, you can still exercise, just low intensity. Walking, yoga or stretching, Zumba should be okay, if you don't jump, and just do the low level movements. If you do stretching training just do like arm and legs, nothing that would put strain on the mid-section.
    Congratz!!!!

I did Zumba while I was pregnant too plus there are plenty of pregnant women in my class. Just take it easy!

Of course talk to your doctor, but you don't have to any less intensity than you're currently doing.
  • akrnrunner
    akrnrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • roosmeimei
    roosmeimei Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Baby Gaga is really cute! :)
  • lhaas24
    lhaas24 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really liked babyfit.com. I joined this site with my last who is now 9 mos. My group (by due date month) started a facebook group and we all still talk. Its great. There is a mama in my group that is an avid runner.... she was running at 9 mos preggo with no probs!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I will be TTC next month and so I've been looking at a few sites trying to get prepared.

Babycentre.ca is really good and they have tons of videos, tips, forums, guides, tools, etc.

Also, for parenting against the grain (which I hope to do), check out Offbeat Mama. REALLY cool site for parents that like to do things a little differently (from pregnancy to decorating your kids room to photo shoots).