HOW TO HASTEN METABOLISM?

Options

Replies

• Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    if you REALLY want to hasten it, get some cocaine or meth. :laugh:

lift weights. eat a high protein, high fat, moderate carb diet. stay away from breads and pastas.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Most people I've dealt with that claim to have slow metabolisms exercise like they are on a stroll through the garden. Train intense. That is all.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Testosterone
    Options
    I have recently joined a clean eating plan, and over 1000+ girls have lost 10 kilos in 4-10 weeks or less. Eating at night, isn't going to do you any good as all the food will turn into fat.. Think about it people. Each to their own though :)

how is the food going to turn into fat because its night time? if there is a calorie deficit, it doesnt matter what time it is, the food will nto turn into fat. if there is an abundance, it will.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    Most people I've dealt with that claim to have slow metabolisms exercise like they are on a stroll through the garden. Train intense. That is all.

IDEA Fitness member

THIS. train like your life depends on it. one day it may.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eating at night, isn't going to do you any good as all the food will turn into fat.. Think about it people.

Nonsense!! I don't need to think about it, I only need to look in the mirror. I met my goal last year and have maintained since, all while eating big dinners at night.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Too many people think their metabolism has slowed/crashed, for most this is not the case.
    You can get a general idea to see if your metabolism is optimal, by taking a measurement of your core body temperature.
    Using an under the tongue thermometer or a digital ear canal thermometer. 36.8 - 37 degrees is optimal.

Goggle "metabolism and body temperature"
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy weights.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Eating at night, isn't going to do you any good as all the food will turn into fat.. Think about it people.
    This myth doesn't die. I should be obese then. I eat well after 11pm at night EVERY night. And I don't work swings or at night.

IDEA Fitness member
  • teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you aren't moving, you will not burn off your food, which means at night your obviously less active at night, unless you are a night owl. That's just my opinion and I think it's common sense :) most people on here will prob lose more weight if they eat less at night.
  • teee12
    teee12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good for you and well done, it's just my opinion and to me personally common sense. Works for many people! Sorry if I offended you.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

lift weights. eat a high protein, high fat, moderate carb diet. stay away from breads and pastas.

The sad thing is that I don't really believe you are joking! :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you aren't moving, you will not burn off your food, which means at night your obviously less active at night, unless you are a night owl. That's just my opinion and I think it's common sense :) most people on here will prob lose more weight if they eat less at night.

You burn calories even when you are asleep. And intake vs expenditure is not dependent upon sleep patterns. This myth came about because of some studies done a few years back about people with the habit of late-night snacking. However, the things that were not taken into consideration in this study was the individuals' overall daily intake and the types of foods that they were eating late.
  • Testosterone
    Options
    Good for you and well done, it's just my opinion and to me personally common sense. Works for many people! Sorry if I offended you.

so does common sense trump something backed by science?
  • Testosterone
    Options

The sad thing is that I don't really believe you are joking! :flowerforyou:

I was joking.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

It works for people because they don't binge at night and eat less. The time of day does not matter when eating cals.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    get bigger
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

THIS. train like your life depends on it. one day it may.

This ^^

Zombie apocalypse is coming....
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What's helped me most is to log anything that I eat or drink religiously. From what I've read, very few people really have some sort of "gland" problem that makes them fat.

Most people eat more than they burn, get a calorie surplus and the body stores it as fat.

I started in December and have lost almost 30 pounds since then. Nothing fancy, just more healthy most of the time and log EVERYTHING!!
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I have recently joined a clean eating plan, and over 1000+ girls have lost 10 kilos in 4-10 weeks or less. Eating at night, isn't going to do you any good as all the food will turn into fat.. Think about it people. Each to their own though :)

I've lost 50 lbs, my biggest meal of the day is dinner, which I usually don't eat until 9 or 10 pm, usually within an hour I am in bed. I am proof that meal timing and size have nothing to do with metabolism. Basically other than gaining weight, the only way to increase your metabolism is with exercise.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Wait, so your body completely stops burning calories at night?? I know they used to believe that sleep was a temporary death, but I didn't think that idea was still around. Think about it.