Can't eat enough

Options
So my cals intake should be around 1700-1800 or so......I'm finding it very hard to eat all that. I have a high protein diet, I get all my fiber in and I just can't eat it all. I have breakfast about 730, snack around 10 lunch at 12 snack at 3 and dinner b/t 5-7 usually. I just can't eat anymore! HELP!

Replies

• fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Eat calorie dense foods; avocado, salmon, cheese, nuts, peanut butter, olive oil - are all healthy options that will rapidly increase your cal intake.

Would help if you open your diary so we can help more :)
  • nursemickey
    nursemickey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ok I made it public.........I can't eat anymore........ the thought of more food makes me ill.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Well I wouldn't force feed yourself, if you genuinely are not hungry your body will tell you what it needs. Often there are ebs and flows as well. Some days I am ravenous and eat everything and some days I forget to eat much but I think on a balance it evens out.

Rather than eating more I would substitute things - e.g. when you have your tortilla, have peanut butter instead of light butter, add some avocados in your lunchtime salad, or a sprinkle of seeds.

Also looking at your exercise diary maybe try lifting some weights. Personally the day after I do strength training I can just about eat as much as any man, because of the effects of strength training :)
  • nursemickey
    Options
    Well I wouldn't force feed yourself, if you genuinely are not hungry your body will tell you what it needs. Often there are ebs and flows as well. Some days I am ravenous and eat everything and some days I forget to eat much but I think on a balance it evens out.

Rather than eating more I would substitute things - e.g. when you have your tortilla, have peanut butter instead of light butter, add some avocados in your lunchtime salad, or a sprinkle of seeds.

Also looking at your exercise diary maybe try lifting some weights. Personally the day after I do strength training I can just about eat as much as any man, because of the effects of strength training :)

Thanks. I do use some light wts but I have to be careful because I have cervical stenosis and have to start light.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Hormone entrainment.
    After eating a specific amount of food daily your body will adjust.
    Just step it up daily till you get where you want to be.
  • mclarenemma
    Options
    So with yesterday's food - can you have your tortilla and beans at lunch instead of having such a huge calorie snack? Add in some soups, get rid of the high bad fat foods and swap for good fats (notice at least twice in 3 days you have mcdonalds, - how about swapping that for a chicken and avocado and salad sandwich?) Your calorie count is generally ok, perhaps the 1900 is just too high? I know i rarely go near 1900 cals on a pig out day.

And sorry but get rid of the crap - filled 3% fish 97% ofther crap frozen fish. Try some fresh fish - even if you buy it fresh and freeze it yourself - takes the same amount of time to cook and soooo much better for you - there is almost 1/2 the amount of calories in 100gm of fresh fish to the 1 year old breaded stuff (and yes it is quite possible it is that old)
  • nursemickey
    Options
    I was really bad over the weekend. As for fish, I don't like fish in general so for me to actually eat even the frozen breaded kind is saying something. I'm more of a chicken eater but it gets old.

I don't like avocado and things of such. I'm what my husband calls a picky eater.

I eat green beans, mixed veggies, salads.........grapes and apples.......... chicken, salmon patties only and some beef..........eggs are ok I force them down in the am for protein......cottage cheese..................

That's about the extent of food list. And not all the foods were eaten for snack at once it's just where I put it.

This is my typical meal during the week.

brkst:

2 eggs
    oatmeal

10am

1/2c cottage cheese
    1/2c fresh fruit

noon

4-6oz chicken breast, salmon, tuna or fish (grilled, broiled or baked)
    salad w balsamic vinegar

3pm

1/2c fresh fruit
    1/2c fresh green veggie

dinner

4-6oz chicken breast, salmon, tuna or fish (grilled, broiled or baked)
    1c fresh green veggie
    1/2c pasta (season w butter salt/pepper)

1/2-1 gal of water or more