Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Thanks everyone :)
  • sjackson1717
    sjackson1717 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Butter and Olive oil are not bad, as they are good fats. I made Sweet Potato hash browns the other day. I bake about 4 of them at a time and I eat maybe half of one a day or every other day. I have also roasted them with other veggies and it was super Yummy. Will try making the fries this weekend.
  • mikeocost14
    Options
    Sweet potato veggie burger w/ Avocado. Just had these last night. They were terrrifc.

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/02/easy-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with.html
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Buy smaller sweet potatoes? :p

/duck
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I microwave mine as well. I do plan on trying the baked chip sized ones as well.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I'm obsessed with sweet potato chili right now!!!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/05/sweet-potato-chili/
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    I do all of the above...BUT...My most favorite way is to grill them....yummilicious!...Brush with a little extra virgin olive oil and what ever seasoning you like...I happen to like Spike~
  • mrswright71
    Options
    I dice them and spread them on a roasting pan, then spray with EVOO and sprinkle McCormick's Smokehouse Maple seasoning on them. I roast them at 400 for 20 minutes. Sooooo very good.
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Cut into fries, spray with olive oil cooking spray, and season with cracked pepper, sea salt, and ROSEMARY.
    Seriously delicious.
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    Baked sweet potato fries. Cut them up, brush with olive oil, season, and bake.

I do these all the time. They taste so good.
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    Tonight's dinner
    West African Groundnut Stew (Moosewood)
    http://www.food.com/recipe/west-african-groundnut-stew-moosewood-333170
    No okra in the market so we used kale. Will serve it over modest amounts of brown rice. Amazing flavor

Still trying to perfect sweet potato fries. Oven 425, spray with olive oit, cook 15 min, turn, cook another 10-15min. Season as you like. The problem is that they are not very crisp. Will try soaking in salt water next time
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have 3 in the oven as I type..hahaha. I mash them with a little coconut milk, chipolte paste, lemon pepper and salt. garnish with fresh cilantro. I throw one in the blender with vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, water and ice for a post workout shake. The are very versatile just use your imagination...
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    Made these yesterday and they were delicious! I totally recommend you try them, you can make a smaller batch - but overall they use 'good' oil and the calories seem really reasonable for how delicious they taste!
    http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/03/baked-sweet-potato-fries-with-honey-lime-dip/
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    bake with butter substitute
    cut into steak fries and top with a little spray of olive oil, some herbs, and a sprinkling of parm
    mash with greek yogurt instead of milk and butter
    mash up as above, add honey, apply to hot man body, and burn off the excess by licking and smearing.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like to slice and fry them up in a pan with a little Tikka Masala (just enough to cover them). I really like the spicy/sweet combo.
  • mrsday83
    mrsday83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Super yummy recipe from "Cook Yourself Thin"... Even the hubby loves these!

2 sweet potatoes
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
    Juice of 1/2 lime

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

2. Wash and dry the potatoes and, with the skin on, slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds; cut the rounds into 1/2-inch-thick finger-shaped pieces. Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt.

3. On a baking sheet, spread the sweet potato fries in a single layer and roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a platter or bowl and sprinkle with a little more salt.

This recipe serves 4... at 89 calories per serving! So good!!!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I bake mine and then spread a little bit of spreadable goat cheese on them. SO YUM.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    There's a great recipe in the cookbook Appetite for Reduction for Ginger mashed sweet potatoes and apples...the servings are pretty large and it comes in around 180 cals if I remember correctly.

**edit, I found the recipe online for ya: http://www.theppk.com/2011/12/hottie-black-eyed-peas-with-ginger-sweet-potatoes-apples/

mmmm i want to try this!!
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    We've made this Biggest Loser recipe that we LOVE!!! You can also nuke them and throw in a light Babybel cheese of your choice since they're only around 35 calories :)

Parmesean Pepper Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients
    1/2 pound sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4" thick sticks
    1 Tbs. grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
    1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    1/8 tsp. garlic powder
    1/8 tsp. paprika
    Pinch of cayenne
    Salt to taste
    Pinch of ground black pepper
    Ketchup (optional)
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
    In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes, cheese, olive oil and spices
    Place potatoes in a single layer on a medium nonstick baking sheet
    Bake for 8 minutes
    Flip the potatoes and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and browned in spots.
    Serve immediately
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump