P90x users, please chime in

Options
I've got the 30DS and a stationary bike but love the results people are getting from P90x and am considering adding it to my array of exercises. Can you tell me what you do in the program for working out...saw a chin up/pull up bar? Not sure if I'd want to do that but what is there in the program, exactly?

Thanks!

Replies

• Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i am on week 10 of p90x and i LOVE it!... it has totally changed my body.

The workouts are awesome, they are a bit longer then some workout videos but i feel this is necessary to get the results you see with the p90x... i don't really believe in working out for less then an hour anyways!

You will get lots of different exercises in p90x from cardio, to core strengthening to weight lifting. Yes they do recommend you get a pull up bar... i have one and tried using it but its really not my thing so i use resistance bands instead, i feel this still gives me a very good workout and i don't have to worry about not being about to use the pull up bar. I think maybe one that i will get strong enough to use it but I'm not stressing about it, i like the bands and they do their job! Lots of people don't really like the yoga part but i LOVE it, it has made me so much stronger in my core, i can do things now because of yoga that i couldn't do before.

In all its an amazing workout, i have nothing but great things to say about the whole package... i didn't follow the nutrition guide because i was already almost at my goal weight when i started and just wanted to do the videos to tone. I do watch what i eat and i do follow their macro % that they recommend as the workouts come in 3 phases so i just try my best to follow that.

I recommend this workout to anyone who is wanting to get into better shape and has the time to do the videos. Most people when going to the gym go for about 1 hour, so if you can drive to the gym and workout there for 1 hour then there is no reason why you can't stay home and do the p90x :)

If you decide to Join P90x feel free to send me a FR (Only accept FR's from the ladies) its always nice to have other p90xers to support each other :)
  • Rochachakelly
    Rochachakelly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I'm on week 9 and think it's a great program. I am in it to lose weight, and the one thing to know is that if you're looking to lose pounds, it will take awhile and you have to push through. I only lost 2 pounds in the first 5 weeks, but have lost 9 since then. And, I'm seeing lots of changes in my arms and core.

I also love the yoga. :)

You don't need a pull up bar right away - I still can't do one pull up but it is my goal. :) You will need some weights, though, in varying sizes. I use 8s for most things but I am getting a heavier set tongiht because they aren't cutting it anymore! I even use my husband's 20s for things like lawnmower. Try to have a range of weights to use if at all possible.

Also, if you're looking to lose weight, the nutrition is important . . . I don't follow the plan that came with P90X, but I've been adding a lot of protein into my diet and counting calories every single day. P90X+MFP = me losing 12 lbs and a size since the end of February . . . it does work!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just started it Saturday and really like it. Check it out. :)
    223730 Posts: 55
    Options
    P90x is a set of DVDs, each DVD being a different workout. Some are cardio, some weight training, an ab dvd and a yoga dvd too (don’t be fooled – this yoga is still a workout!). You get a schedule to follow based on what you want to do – basically “classic” or “lean”. I am starting the “lean program”. It’s hard, it will kick your butt, but you’ll grow to love it! Pretty much you are six days on, one day off for 90 days.

Here is a site that kind of gives an overview of the different workouts:
    http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/exercise-reviews/p90x-workout-all-12-workouts-reviewed.html
  • coachbeav
    coachbeav Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey Jennifer,

I am a Beachbody Coach (Beachbody is the company that made P90X and Insanity...) if you have any questions about the programs. I have been using Beachbody products since October and have gone from 190lbs at 25% body fat to 165lbs at 12% body fat. I have done P90X, P90X2 and am now doing P90X and Insanity together :) I absolutely love the workouts! I could never say enough good things about them. I actually love them so much that I decided to become a coach which allows me to sell their products and help people get into the best shape of their life. I am not really in it for the money, but I love to see people change and live a happier life because of that change. There is nothing like it! Anyways, P90X is a mixture of weight training and cardio which is essential in burning fat. I can answer your questions in more detail if you let me know what you want to know. Anyways, let me know if I can help! Take care!