Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    you made a man cry today. your daughter is beautiful :D
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So sorry about the loss of your son. I cannot imagine the pain your family has been through. Congratulations on your daughter, and also for making the decision to get healthy.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such a touching, personal story. I am so sorry for your loss. You have such a beautiful little baby girl, and she is lucky to have a daddy that honors her, and her brother, with his healthy life. :flowerforyou:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    You are truly inspiring to say the least! Amazing that through the loss of a loved one you were able to "find" yourself. "Through you, your children live forever".....Live, Laugh, Love every day! Best wishes for you and your family. :smile:
  • ShannonD13
    ShannonD13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to your little angel. We lost three pregnancies and when we buried our son William- we wrote this in the paper. "When someone comes into our lives...and they are too quietly and quickly gone, they leave footprints on our hearts... and their memory stays with us forever. Each new life...no matter how fragile or brief, forever changes the world." I'm glad you had the courage to try again. Give your little one a hug!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Thank you for honoring us by sharing your precious ones with us.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss, but so happy for your beautiful daughter. Know that your little boy is watching over his little sister & will always be in your hearts:)
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    wow, Thank you for sharing that :smile:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is adorable.

I'm very sorry for your loss. It must have been very difficult then, and on the anniversary of your baby's birth and death. I think it's nice that you're sharing this with others. Often, people think they have to keep it to themselves, and a lot of times, even family and friends don't know what to say, especially over time.

I'm so glad you're taking care of yourself so you can be there to enjoy your life, and your children and wife.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! I think your post was a wonderful tribute to both your son and your daughter.

I can relate in that loss of someone important to me was one of my main motivators for wanting to do better for myself. It is strange how it works. I would have expected the opposite of myself. However, I truly believe that we often emerge from situations of stress and loss stronger and more focused than we may have been before.

Thank you for sharing your story. :flowerforyou:
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    Today is the two year anniversary of the day my son was born. Unfortunately it was also the day he died. He was born prematurely, and went through a difficult pregnancy, so his lungs were not developed enough to breath upon delivery. He lived just shy of a hour and died in my arms. Moving on with life in general after such an occurance seemed inconceivable. I gained weight, was always depressed and (I'm ashamed to say) dreamt of killing myself on a daily basis.

Then one day I decided that I didn't want to live that way anymore. I started dieting and exercising. The pounds started falling off and I was feeling good about my outward appearance for the first time in years.

Then my wife got pregnant again and it wasn't long before the same complications that resulted in my sons death started to re-occure with this pregnancy. The fear and dread we felt for the unknown future of this child was overwhelming. And once again I started turning to food as a cure all for feeling better. I ended up gaining around 30 pounds over a six month period and reaching an all time high for my weight. I'm extremely glad to say that although my daughter did get delivered early via c-section and had to stay in an NICU for over 7 weeks. This is her today! She and my son are the reasons I'm trying again to lose weight and live healthy.

64c31df6.jpg

I'm not totally sure why I'm writing this post. I guess I just wanted to honor the memory of my little boy and share it with others. Also maybe because there have been a few members of MFP have approached me recently due to the picture on my ticker, so I'm sure there are similar stories out there to mine and I know how hard it is to talk about.

Happy birthday Aidan!

God bless you and your new family! Thank you for sharing your story. It's very touching.
  • Symphonic_Silence
    Options
    I honestly have no words to express how sad I am for your loss and how happy I am that you now have such a beautiful baby girl.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Aiden
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is beautiful.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Aww sorry for your loss. But happy for your beautiful girl.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Did your wife have pre-eclampsia? I'm so sorry about your son but congrats on your baby girl.