What does 5'3" and 900 lbs look like???

Options
Seriously, kids, these 'what does ___ weight at ____ height look like' posts are idiotic. This is like asking if someone has red hair so they can tell you what you'll look like with red hair. If you're wondering what you'll look like at that weight, move your butt and just lose some weight! If you're here because you're overweight or obese (as many of us including myself are), do you really need to look at pictures of people at lower weights, like there's some sort of debate over whether you should exercise or not? Just do it. You don't need an example picture, the answer is easy: you'll look less fat.

There ARE stupid questions, and this is definitely one of them. This is a great place to ask real questions about nutrition and fitness, but stop wasting everyone's time with moronic requests. If you wanna see what you look like 50 lbs smaller, lose 50 lbs and take a picture yourself.

Is anyone else really, really annoyed by these posts???

Replies

• juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    isn't there an app for that?

No ... but seriously... There is a website for that..

I saw it in a previous thread.
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
  • Gabbytenille
    Gabbytenille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, rude much??????? I think everyone has a rite to post whatever question they like. You don't have to answer the question so I don't see why it is such an issue for you. I have never made any post asking questions but I do answer some including these. There are many people on here that reply to such questions so obviously it isn't a waste of time for them! People want to look at pictures for motivation purposes most of the time. People are exercising and eating right, thats why they are on this website. So it's not about a debate if they should exercise! That doesn't even make since! I don't think there are any stupid questions when it comes to weight loss and being healthy. People just want to have an idea of what they may look like once they lose weight. It's not that big of a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Whoa, that website is crazy! But there are so many variables that go into 'how you look' it just seems silly to use someone else's picture as a predictive tool. I know people that are my height and weigh 15 lbs more than me, but are in better shape so they're much thinner. I also know people who weigh less than me but have bigger measurements. It's a cool website, though.
  • Gabbytenille
    Gabbytenille Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    mybodygallery.com is awesome too!
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Love this site!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow, rude much??????? I think everyone has a rite to post whatever question they like. You don't have to answer the question so I don't see why it is such an issue for you. I have never made any post asking questions but I do answer some including these. There are many people on here that reply to such questions so obviously it isn't a waste of time for them! People want to look at pictures for motivation purposes most of the time. People are exercising and eating right, thats why they are on this website. So it's not about a debate if they should exercise! That doesn't even make since! I don't think there are any stupid questions when it comes to weight loss and being healthy. People just want to have an idea of what they may look like once they lose weight. It's not that big of a deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^This
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Whoa, that website is crazy! But there are so many variables that go into 'how you look' it just seems silly to use someone else's picture as a predictive tool. I know people that are my height and weigh 15 lbs more than me, but are in better shape so they're much thinner. I also know people who weigh less than me but have bigger measurements. It's a cool website, though.

There is another website that has pictures of real people, you chose your height and weight and you see different all the different people that sent in pics that weigh the same at the same height. I think it's cool because the people look so different and the point there is no magic number.
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
  • actresskat
    actresskat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really bother me. Everyone wants to 'see' what their ideal weight might be, or how they might look 50 lbs lighter. If it gives an obese person motivation to lose weight then that's a good thing.

Kinda addicted to awesome before and after pics myself! :)
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Agreed, this website was created to be supportive and helpful for those trying to live a healther life style. Everyone has different ways of finding motivation. I dont think anyone should read something like this and then be intimidated to post a question or request because they are going to be considered " a waste of time"
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Umm, actually OP. I asked this same type of question. For me, it's to see a realistic idea of the weight I want to accomplish. To see if it is too skinny or not.

If it irritates you, don't read them! I can't stand people who are rude and nasty to others for no reason other than to b**ch about something. No one cares how you feel about someone else's post.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Just for a reference, here is what 5'1" and 1200 lbs looks like (for real stats, no joke):

250px-Smart_Fortwo_passion_front.jpg
    :drinker:
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    For me, the reason why I would want to see what someone my heigh looks like at a certain weight is so that I can determine what a realistic goal is for myself. I was overweight all my life, so I can't just say "I want to weigh what I weighed in high school.' I don't want to weigh what I did in high school - I was fat in high school! It's a lot easier to stay motivated when you have a specific, realistic goal in mind. Obviously I'm not going to look exactly like what someone else my height might look like at a certain weight, but it gives me an ideal to shoot for.
  • EmHorn4
    EmHorn4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

This is a great one for seeing a certain body shape, pant size, and/or shirt size to go along with a certain weight.

Other posters may have shown simple expectations by asking what a __ft __in and ___ lb person looks like, but you don't have to bash them for wanting to know what their goal looks like. The above website is really helpful for that. Go hate on people who ask what their favorite cuss word is. That's just silly.
  • MDyck1979
    MDyck1979 Posts: 21
    Options
    I was waiting to see the pic!! Ahhh, the voyer in me is disappointed ;-)

Naw, I get where you are coming from, but at the same point in time I think that this phenomena stems from a real basic need to affirm that one ISN'T some kind of grotesque creature/horrifically abnormal. I don't really think that people are crusing the site trying to find a pictoral representation of what "could be" - we all just wanna know how we stack up/compare.

Personally, I don't really check out the posts/responses, or look for friends on MFP - why? Becasue I'm too busy with my REAL life, working out, and logging my calories! And I think that was the point you were driving at.

PS - took myself off of Facebook for similar reasons...
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm confused......why would anyone want to see what 5'3 and 900 lbs look like? Or did the OP mean 90 pounds?????
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    This post is just another example of all the rude, mean, hatefulness that is plaguing this website.

I think a lot of people on here need to go back to grade school and learn a few things; if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, and worry about YOURSELF!
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really bother me. Everyone wants to 'see' what their ideal weight might be, or how they might look 50 lbs lighter. If it gives an obese person motivation to lose weight then that's a good thing.

Kinda addicted to awesome before and after pics myself! :)

I agree that before and after pics are awesome! People work hard for those and they deserve to show off while we reap the benefit of some serious inspiration. That's one of my favorite things on this site. And they can be very motivating, but to look at someone else's picture and base your expectations off it is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Whiny.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!