my BMR is 3500 cal and i eat 1300 cal !!!

Options
hi everybody

first of all i used to eat more than 5000 cal but 4 months ago i started workout and eat healthy with no more 1300 cal

the best thing that keep me going , i don't feel hungry with my cal limit .

but recently i become more educated about weight loss and calculate my BMR to find that i don't eat enough

so my question , if i increase my cal intake will i have lose more weight or i keep what i am doing ?!

( before 4 months i was 550 pounds and now i am 446 ) ( 6.2 high ) ( 4 times/week workout ) ( 28 M )

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    You are probably safe for a while at very low calories, but you will need to come up eventually. Maybe increase by 100/week until you are at your bmr, which will have lowered a bit by then? Talk to a nutritionist. Most of us don't have experience with a case like yours and thus the normal rules may not apply
  • terry_mtb
    terry_mtb Posts: 45
    Options
    My experience only...but you will stop losing soon. I happened to me. You should be consuming more especially with the workout you are doing. You are not getting all you need. Just make sure you keep your protein higher your carbs lower and eat your calories.
    You can friend me if you like. BTW..I was 400 went down to 285, stopped eating my calories and went back to 329 started MFP and lost 16..Your body will tell you when you need to change up.
  • om98
    om98 Posts: 48
    Options
    Award30

so i keep on what i am doing until my weight lose become harder or slower

the problem i don't know how to increase my cal intake because as i said i don't feel hungry and i eat enough fruits and veg

with turkey and chicken breast , whole wheat ,skimmed milk

my breakfast at 7:30 a.m : 3 toast, 2 turkey slice, apple , Lettuce

snake at 12 p.m : apple or orange or strawberry .... 1 piece

lunch at 3:30 p.m : 2 chicken breast or fish with different type of veg and 1 toast

6 p.m : green tea

8:30 : skimmed yogurt

with alot of water
  • jencopes
    jencopes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    OK...I'm so confused about all of this! My BMR has been calculated as 1559 and MFP calorie goal is 1400. Which should I be eating? Am I not eating enough?

Sorry if this question has been asked too much but I thought I was doing the right thing...maybe not??!!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I get that you aren't hungry now, but what you are doing won't be long term sustainable. If you increase calories slowly you can probably still lose weight quickly, but also get to an appropriate calorie level. As the other person said, you will probably plateau eventually if you keep your calories low.

Good luck with whatever you choose
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    A lot of people will tell you to eat to your BMR. BUT, if what you are currently doing is working, stick with it. If the weight loss stalls, start adding more calories. (I suggest 200 cals more a day, a month at a time) You'll see an initial gain, but once your body figures out what's going on, you'll start losing again.
  • Newfifer
    Newfifer Posts: 7
    Options
    Award30

so i keep on what i am doing until my weight lose become harder or slower

the problem i don't know how to increase my cal intake because as i said i don't feel hungry and i eat enough fruits and veg

with turkey and chicken breast , whole wheat ,skimmed milk

snake at 12 p.m : apple or orange or strawberry .... 1 piece

lunch at 3:30 p.m : 2 chicken breast or fish with different type of veg and 1 toast

with alot of water

I suggest you try to have an evening meal, about 400/500cals worth and that should see you right, it's a very long time from your 3.30pm lunch until breakfast the next day, just a thought :happy:
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert - but this is what i would suggest along with your meals:

snack at 10a.m : apple or orange or strawberry .... 1 piece

lunch at 1:30 p.m : 2 chicken breast or fish with different type of veg and 1 toast

dinner at 5pm - lean protein, lots of vegetables/salad

with alot of water
    [/quote]

Good luck. x