Thoughts on Thermogenics?

Options
GNC recommended OxyElite Pro to help me with energy levels and my intense training. I've had the same bottle for 3 months now. I've tried taking it on several occassions, but have the following side effects:

-intense sweating
-runny nose
-increased heart rate
-cold, clammy hands
-minimal nausea

Just not sure if these side affects are ok. I don't like feeling like this.

What are your thoughts on this brand and do you have any recommendations for another type of thermogenic/fat burner to help me? Looking for suppressed appetite, and increased energy levels.

Thanks!
Dana

Replies

• Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I like adicor and their skin/hair/nail supplement, and glutacor for recovery here http://www.katalystnutraceuticals.com/katalyst/products/weightloss/adicor
    I only take 1-2 of the adicor, dont need them that much anymore. They helped me a ton when I 1st cut calories, to control appetite and binging. I can still eat on them, so they dont kill my appetite, just reduce it.
  • NicVino
    NicVino Posts: 19
    Options
    It's supposed to increase your body temperature causing you to sweat more. I would recommend only taking it in the morning before a workout. Also, try eating something, like a banana along with it, then try a protein shake post workout.
    A trainer recommended something similiar to me and I couldn't handle the afternoon dosage as I had a hard time sleeping due to the caffine.
    I currently take Dymaburn in the morning which does not have the appetite suppressant. It does contain caffine, and it helps me sweat more.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    well a thermogenic is going to raise your body temp, so the sweating just how your body cools off, oxyelite does have an intense amount of caffiene in it so if your sensitive to stimulants it could account for the increased heart rate etc.. personally i have taken it before and never had an issue.. i do drink a ton of water and have a high tollerance for caffiene but.

if you don't like feeling that way then stop taking it.. any thermogenic that is a stimulant will have very similiar ingredients.. there are non-stimulant ones like CLA , Carnitine, and a few others but they are not really proven to do much , then again depending on who you talk to neither will oxyelite... its really case by case. there are other ways to increase energy and boost fat loss without giving yourself unwanted side effects.