Heartburn

Options
Wanting to know if anyone else is experiencing heartburn like crazy? At first I thought it was the lemon juice I was putting in my water so I cut it out but I'm still getting the heartburn like it's no body's business. It is very aggrivating and painful... :( Oh and no, I am NOT pregnant nor could there be any chance that I am. I've had my tubes tied and then had a hysterectomy a few years ago. Just not sure what it could be. Maybe it's the food I'm eating...HELP!!

Replies

• mmarshall425
    mmarshall425 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. For the past week. I have had heart burn on a daily basis. I suffered from it before I started eating healthy but I thought it was due to all the sugar I was consuming.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If there is erosion in your stomach lining from too much acid, many foods will irritate it, not just the obviously acidic ones. Tomatoes are actually pretty bad for people with heartburn. Gotta give it time to heal.

Aspirin and aspirin like drugs such as naproxen (in some Midol formulations) and ibuprofen (Advil) also irritate the stomach lining. Tylenol is okay.
  • plainjane23
    Options
    I had bad heartburn durig the first two weeks of the diet.. I just drank my 1% milk and watched what I ate so I didn't get as much acid. Which was kind of hard since I LOOOOVE spicy food!