So what do you fine people do for a living?

Options

Replies

• sxynanaplay
    sxynanaplay Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am an underwriter for commercial insurance which is a desk job. I usually pack my lunch daily and occasionally i got out and buy lunch since the office is the in heart of the mall area, when i do eat out it is usually light. On my lunch breaks I walk outside or on rainy crappy days like today ill walk around in the mall. throughout the day i snack on nuts, crackers, string cheese, sugar free jello, oh and i loveeeeeeeee sparkling water with lime or lemon.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Political agent (in the US I'd be called a campaign manager). Elections here next week so tough time for dieting as I can't excercise properly as too busy and eating most of my meals from the microwave at work
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Spend hours on MFP when I have stacks of paperwork on my desk...

We have a full kitchen here at work. Fridge, oven, dishwasher, blah blah... Im always cooking my own foods at work... My boss and I are really the only females, all the men get spoiled by our cooking.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Also a Financial Controller. I pack all my lunches and snacks because I have an office job. I workout on my lunch hour and then throw in a little extra cardio and free weights at home.
  • candidglances
    candidglances Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom going to college for an IT degree in security systems.

When I did work i used to work secretarial positions.
  • determined_lass
    Options
    Cop. I struggle with food choices for work as well. Nightmare.....
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Purchasing/Logistics manager for a production company by day and a stage character actor by night (some TV). Depending on my schedule, eating right or getting the right kind of calories can be tough. I pack a cooler for Lunch/Dinner sometimes. To stay on track I have to plan/make my meals the Sunday before the week starts.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I work as a warehouse and purchasing manager for an airline and I am a full time graduate student. The best advice I can give is to plan ahead. I usually make enough dinner to take left overs for lunch.
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I work for the gecko...... Usually I plan dinners a week ahead of time and then can plan for leftovers.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    A Municipal Clerk for a local government...fun, huh?
  • English1Mac
    English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a journalist with unpredictable schedule and often work through lunch, which means a lot of salads. I try to make enough dinner for leftovers for the next day's lunch, but I don't always have time to make dinner because I'm working. Never knowing my schedule from day to day has been my biggest challenge.
  • rcates2424
    rcates2424 Posts: 208
    Options
    High School Teacher - Computer Graphics
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Director in a financial org in the City of London.

Im not willing to do the "stuff a sandwich into my face at my desk while i read my laptop screen" thing, so I typically eat a lot of Japanese food (noodles / sushi) freshly made soups and have a couple of whey shakes a day too.

I probably average 3 hrs between "meals".

6 light meals is my norm. Around 1500 calories daily.

Works for me.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I am a construction foreman.a Men's Physique Competitor
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pharmacy technician but leaving that job. Don't mind the work, HATE my boss.
  • Citydiva
    Citydiva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a Realtor so if I have a big day of showings I pack a cooler and eat between if I can. If I'm in the office I take my lunch 99% of the time....too expensive to eat out all of the time.
  • ZumbaholicEmz
    ZumbaholicEmz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am a nurse! With the long hours I do it it sometimes really hard to eat properly and healthily, there are ALWAYS chocolates and junk food given to us as well which is super hard to resist! I usually eat something substantial on my breaks which will keep me going! I also find it really useful to have MFP on my phone to always track everything that I'm eating. I'm usually always on my feet all day which helps to burn it off as well! :) x
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I am a lead at Dollar General,please try not to let the envy overwhelm you
  • sweetfacephoto
    sweetfacephoto Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Booking agent for and member of faux rock band, Candied Walnuts.

But in real life I'm a paper pusher. lol
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm executive assistant for a large dog walking company. Luckily I work from home, so I get to cook all my meals fresh at home, aside from my one cheat day a week when I eat out. :)