Favorite time of day to exercise

Options

Replies

• Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    5:45 am - I like getting it out of the way so I don't have to worry about it the rest of the day.
  • aparrell
    aparrell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The best time for me is right after work - it motivates me to change right from work clothes to work OUT clothes and not plop on the couch for the rest of the night. It really helps that my apt complex has a fitness center so I have options as far as working out. (gym, fitness center, home, outdoors..)
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    the morning, because then its done and over with...but if i dn't get up early enough i do it at night before bed...:smile:
  • msenior
    msenior Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning when the kids are still in bed. I tend to find that this works best for me and I can give it my all. No distraction.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i do it either b4 or after lunch

11am - 1pm .. but i am currently a house wife - no kids
    so i can do it when i feel like it .. but for me that works ..
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do a session in the morning (although it's hard to get it started), and also one in the early evening, after dinner my husband will workout with me and I seem to have alot more energy doing that one.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm not much of a morning person. Working out at night, at about 9 pm seems to work for me! :happy:
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Morning, I like to get my workout in and go on with my day.
  • alie5612
    alie5612 Posts: 76
    Options
    early morning sets me up for day
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love early morning (Now... it took almost a month for my body to acclimate) I go to the gym at 4:30. This gets it done and over with before I'm able to come up with any excuses. This also frees up my evenings for running if I get the time. I am not and have never been a morning person, I hated it, getting up was the last thing I wanted to do. It took a month of getting up 5-6 times a week before my body got used to it. Now it's no problem.
  • CrumCake81
    Options
    I personally like the mornings because my husband and newborn are at home asleep, the other 2 kids are off at school, so I get to run then. And he is usually at work by 11:30 in the morning so mornings is pretty much the only time I can do it until I get me a jogging stroller.
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I like to workout after 6pm - starting off with my muscle and yoga exercises followed by 20-30 mins of free step/free running on the wii fit while watching TV (kills 2 birds with one stone) :smile:
  • christyallgood
    christyallgood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Right after I get my older two to school. Before I do anything else.
    Exactly this! If I start doing housework I never stop! Then the 3 yr old needs this, do that, feed me this, I want to take a bath, I just spilled my cup... UGH! It never ends!! Then its 3 and my son is home hoarding the tv and then its dinner.... So yeah, workouts first thing or it will never get done and I am pooped! I am sure so many of you know what I mean!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My preferred time is before work in the morning but that doesn't happen too often, so I end up usually working out at night after dinner.........
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i do mine in the morning cause if i dont i know i want get it done in the afternoon:wink:
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    I wish I could workout in the morning but it doesn't work out since I like to get as much sleep as possible before work thr next day. I usually workout between the hours of 5:30 and 9:30 pm. There has been days when I didnt finish my workout rill about 11 at night!
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I workout at 5:30pm at my Zumba Class helps me not eat as big a dinner. Otherwise just fit it in wherever.
  • iambatman41
    Options
    After work in the afternoons three times a week and every Saturday morning. Must say I have much more energy for the Saturday morning workout but feel great after the workday workout to relieve stress and feel good about my self for accomplishing my goals.
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    First thing in the AM. Around 6 am. Run and workout.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning when i can. the only people there are the people who are actually serious about their workout and so i don't have to wiggle past people standing around and chatting. also, i feel like it's a great start to my day.