Would you consider this a binge?

Options
160 calorie high protein shake
Two 100 calorie pack of pringles
120 calorie kashi dark chocolate coconut granola bar
and a large carrot stick, about 30 calories

This is all after a workout with a personal trainer.. I just went into some kind of mode where I couldn't tell my body to stop eating because it was full, now my tummy hurts :/ idk if it matters but 110 lb 5'6 female

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    no
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just went into some kind of mode where I couldn't tell my body to stop eating because it was full

I would consider it a binge just because you had this out-of-control feeling. However, it doesn't sound too bad. Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    yes : (
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    No, not really. The calories are equivalent to an average healthy meal, just try and plan for that post workout hunger a bit better in future. Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    nope... you workout? you burn.. you need to refill
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I would, but the important question is whether you do or not.....=)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Personally no, I think your body just needed the fuel or something in the food.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    510 calories?? nope.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Mini binge. I agree that this is more of a binge b/c of how you felt while it was going down, rather than what it cosisted of. Now this isn't the healthiest after workout snack- it is NOWHERE NEAR THE WORST!!! Actually a pretty healthy lil snack there....fiber, protein, carbs........lol if you want to know what I consider a binge check out my food diary every Saturday (sometimes Friday snd Sunday) night. I have just realised this is what my body is going to crave, so I adjust my entire weeks intake and exersise to make sure my eating habits don't make me gain. All in all I will say that was a healthy fill up :)
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Not in the slightest, but what matters here is whether you felt out of control.

In my world, carrot sticks and binges are mutually exclusive. Now talk to me about the entire pint of Rocky Road I plowed through on Saturday....
  • noteve
    noteve Posts: 57
    Options
    500 calories is not a binge. 500 calories is a meal.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Definitely not.
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I would, but the important question is whether you do or not.....=)

exactly. same thought here. you should bring some ready made high protein with you for immediately after your workout; staves off that i-want-to-eat-everything-in-sight post workout feeling.
    Dont beat yourself over it, the day is still young and you can recover.
  • Toridactyl
    Toridactyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    After I work out I know I'm going to have my pro-titan protein shake. I plan for it. I can only stand a half scoop, so I share with my boyfriend. We put a whole banana and two tbsp of creamy peanut butter in it. This fuels me while I make my lunch... which is usually something like tuna salad and apples. So, after a workout I tend to gobble up a good 500-700 calories. This is good for you and you need to refuel after you work hard. Make healthy choices and even if you "binge" on them, you'll hardly regret that apple and baby carrot binge. ;D
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get that way after a workout. Make sure to plan out a good snack (preferably with lots of protein) afterward. And rehydrate with water. Just take good care of yourself and try to plan accordingly, sounds like you needed the fuel.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    160 calorie high protein shake
    Two 100 calorie pack of pringles
    120 calorie kashi dark chocolate coconut granola bar
    and a large carrot stick, about 30 calories

This is all after a workout with a personal trainer.. I just went into some kind of mode where I couldn't tell my body to stop eating because it was full, now my tummy hurts :/ idk if it matters but 110 lb 5'6 female

you're starving, that's why you can't stop
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Since it was after a workout I'm sure your body needed the fuel. Not a binge. Feed your body, if you're going to be working out you need it.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Unequivocally, irrevocably, and positively negatory, good buddy!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    more like a small snack