60+ lbs gone. Got some new manly muscles too!

Options

Replies

• alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A beautiful, thoughtful post. You look amazing!
  • laurenlind
    Options
    SERIOUSLY... if you need confirmation that you are doing an excellent job to help boost your self esteem- look no further. You look FANTASTIC- and it is so great to hear that you have found what works for you and you are doing it slowly, carefully, health-fully! However, that self esteem and love has to come from inside. I totally know how it feels to avoid mirrors, to get mad at yourself for letting yourself become the fat girl- but try try TRY to look in the mirror and give yourself a pat on the back for being brave enough to fight your war on the fat, and be proud that you are the victor!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your accomplishments so far!
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Your story is more impressive - to me - than the 100-lbs-in-one-year stories. I too have been taking it slowly, on purpose. It's taken me about 6 years to lose 45 lbs, and I plan on having the last 10 gone in the next year or so. I've mostly taken off the weight through small changes in my eating habits and occasionally exercising. At some point in my journey, I will get back into exercising. I won't make excuses, the weight is coming off just fine, I just haven't made exercise a priority at this point. Your pics are AMAZING and make me think even more about weight training and such. I can finally see my collar bones, but dang I'd love to have a six-pack again. Bravo!!!
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    Bump to read over and over!
  • illecl
    illecl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great! And definitely nothing manly about the way you look either. You rock!!!
  • carolynwch
    Options
    You look amazing and are an inspiration!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed, those are some amazing muscles!
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    YEAH RIGHT!!!! what do you mean not impressive!?!??! Holy cow! you look fantastic. Love the muscles. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    A beautiful story and a beautiful lady:happy:
  • kristinakingsley
    Options
    Great Job, very impressive!!! I am just starting out and this truly inspires me!
  • sadraanne
    sadraanne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Love the muscles! You look amazing. I don't know you but I'm proud of how far you've come. I have pretty much the same stats (starting) and have been on here for almost 3 weeks. It's hard some days to keep eating healthy and to want to go exercise but your post definitely helps! I can't wait to say I'm a success story!! :)
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!
  • JimWink
    JimWink Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    VERY impressed!!
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    SUPER HOT PROGRESS! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Looking great!! Congrats and keep up the awesome work!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    you look awesome and should be very proud!! Thankyou for posting this as I have been struggling at how slow this weightloss has been...
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    what a GREAT inspiring story! you look awesome! congrats. you should be very proud.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! You look fantastic! Stellar job! :)
  • HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    Your friend was right to advise you to put your progress on here. Your hard work shows and you deserve more than a cookie...you deserve to love yourself too! Love how you write and your sense of humor (about your kids and becoming a mother...Ha! That was funny) ...

I have been telling myself a few things everyday to help me...and I hope they help you too....

1.) Be your own Best Friend instead of your worst enemy....I have done that my WHOLE life and I am done with that. I am learning to be Kind and Gentle with myself.....and patient.

2.) One day at a time.....sometimes One Minute at a time if need be (on the really bad days). The weight didn't happen overnight and it's not a DESTINATION....in other words this is an every day Me Taking Care Of Myself plan. One Day At A Time and One Foot In Front Of The Other.

3.) MFP has really helped me feel so much better about changing my life and helping me monitor my exercise and food consumption BUT if I DO have a BAD DAY....(and I have) ....I know that every day....EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY!!!!!! This gives me so much hope and encouragement. Let it be a source of encouragement for you as well.

I hope these things help you because they have been part of my lifeline to changing my life. I have over 100 pounds I would like to lose and I am scared & nervous....but I am going to keep going.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your back is gorgeous, colour me jealous.
    You deserve all the happiness you've worked so hard for x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!