Does it matter what time of the day you workout?

Options
I am just curious if there right time to workout or can it be anytime of the day?

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Whatever time of the day makes you more motivated to get it done :smile:
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Personally I like to get it over with first thing, but I am a stay at home mom, as long as you exercise it doesn't matter what time. You have to go by your schedule.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • NetteH13
    NetteH13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was told by someone who trained army men, that it is best to work out early in the morning, as this jump starts your metabolism, and your body will burn more calories throughout the day. For some, if you workout too close to bedtime, it interferes with your sleep, and your body needs rest.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just pick a time of day when you can be most consistant. REGULAR exercise is the key.

I am soooo not a morning person ... but I do exercise first thing after work. Weekends .... I exercise early in the day ... or it's not gonna happen.
  • sezhep
    sezhep Posts: 57
    Options
    I have started going and doing 30 mins of cardio every morning before breakfast as I have been told this is the best time to fat burn, as your body uses your fat as it has no other energy to use up (hence why it is a light 30 min workout, don't wana flake out!). I then go back in the evening and do strength training (and a bit more cardio if I have been a bit naughty on the food front!)