Favorite way to eat oatmeal??

Options
I'm trying to learn to love oatmeal, and I know there is a million ways to make it, what your favorite??

Replies

• xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    with peanut butter and banana!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    slow cooked over night, with cinnamon, vanilla and fresh blueberries added in the morning.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to learn to love oatmeal, and I know there is a million ways to make it, what your favorite??

Only way I like it is with lots of sugar or maybe maple syrup poured over the top. Yeah, that's why I don't eat oatmeal.......
  • lml1042
    lml1042 Posts: 121
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup oatmeal w/ a dash of cinnamon, a packet of Splenda, and half of a banana chopped and mixed in. It's delicious!!!
  • michmill98
    Options
    Dark chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies! :happy:

I have tried multiple times over the years to eat "hot oatmeal" and I just don't like it no matter how it's "fixed up". But I have no problem eating it in granola, cookies or grandma's oatmeal cake.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Raisins, cranberries, and a bit of Splenda to sweeten it. Sometimes a few banana slices.
  • bethlikesbikes
    Options
    With fresh berries, walnuts, wheat germ, cinnamon and almond milk
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I like to defrost some frozen mixed berries and mix them in. When I'm feeling like a cheap *kitten* I put peanut butter in to (amaaaaazing).
  • kgilbert75
    kgilbert75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    With a tbsp of honey and a splash of vanilla almond milk.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I like mine with a little brown sugar, almond milk and coconut oil. I also LOVE Better Oats Lavish Dark Chocolate oatmeal with peanut butter. YUM!
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with a Tbs of raw honey and a half cup of either frozen blueberries or raspberries (I toss them frozen into the hot oatmeal and let it thaw them).
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I always get crap for it but I put tuna in my oatmeal. It is seriously not as bad as it sounds and a great way to get protein and good carbs.
  • TheNewCrystal
    Options
    Oatmeal cookies!
    JK I ate some for lunch:

1/2 c oatmeal
    2 packs of sweet n low
    Dash of cinnamon
    Dash of ginger
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Honey, with Splenda and Cinnamon...mmmmmm.
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I mix a 1/2 cup raw oats (old fashioned kind) with 1 cup egg whites. The yummiest way is to whisk them really well and then cook like a pancake with lots of cinnamon. I top it with almond butter and a tablespoon of Barlean's strawberry-banana flax oil. Yum!!! I have also been adding a cup of spinach to the mix lately.
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    plain oatmeal with peanut butter and banana in it is good

but my favorite is the apple and cinnamon kind and then I take apple slices and break them apart and put it in there also. It's so yummy and for two packages plus the apples it's usually only 290-310 calories :D
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    The standard maple syrup, cinnamon, raisin works for me. I also like it with maple syrup and fresh blueberries spooned on afterwards.
    My favorite (and calorie heavy one) is maple syrup, dried cherries and chopped walnuts. SO. GOOD.
  • tootsiewootsie
    tootsiewootsie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had it for lunch today
    a tablespoon of peanut butter for protein and a little pure maple syrup stirred in to make it extra tasty. YUM!
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Off of my wife's....nm