Replies

• stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    tjmax awesome place to find workout wear
  • petkova
    petkova Posts: 72
    Options

Yes, this is a ridiculous question, its about getting out there not looking good doing it, but this is utility first, looks second, so opinions?

It's not ridiculous at all!!! Appearance matters, not because of the opinion of the people around you, but because of the effect it has on your self esteem. Taking some time to make sure you appearance is nice can pay off. When i look good I feel good. I am more confident, I am louder and happier, I give more and get more. I have a gym section in my closet and i think it was the best spent money ever. It makes me want to go to the gym, and work it off like a pro.

Anyways, let me share my few favorite things :)
    Running shoes - Puma (I am just a puma fan, they are light and comfy) .... though I am debating on trying the Fila ones with the toes, but still can't get over the fact how ugly they are hahaha I know a few people that adore them and praise them as the best work out shoes in the world. I will report if I try :)
    Leggings - Under Armour (held the best considering the often usage and laundry). Puma ( most comfy, and cutest)
    Sports Bras - Victoria's Secret, Jockey (those two brands always behave lol)
    as far as the rest - I usually do a generic tank top and a hoodie. I LOVE LOVE the Puma ones with the pocket on the front. They are so light and thin, yet they cuddle you so you don't get the nasty feeling of the gym AC freezing your sweaty skin.

I shop different places depending on the deals :) most often either in ****'s Sport or outlets (puma, ua, whatever) :)
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i've found some good deals at 6pm.com - it's the discount site for zappos. Things go fast so if you see something you like and don't buy it don't be surprised if it's not in your size the next time you check. Just don't buy the things I want!
  • SpankyBuns
    SpankyBuns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home with DVD's so I don't worry about what to wear, sweats or yoga pants and my sports bra and a tee, lace up my sneakers and I'm good to go. :bigsmile:
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    I am huge on Under Armor(UA) gear. I usually pick it from ****s but other places sell it.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Goodwill
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Most of my stuff is Nike and Under Armour. It is definitely better than the less expensive brands. It holds up better and feels better (to me). I have not paid anywhere near retail for any of it. I go to the Nike and Under Armour outlet stores and haunt the clearance racks. I bought a Nike "Miler" shirt and pair of 2 in 1 running shorts for a total of $13 a month or so ago. I've also gotten some smokin deals on Under Armour stuff in the Bargain Cave at Cabela's.

I do live 5 minutes from Cabela's and 20 minutes from the Outlet Mall so these are convenient places for me to go on a regular basis.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My favorite brands are Nike (shoes and loose fitting pants) Under Armor (bras and shirts)and Lulu Lemon (um.. Everything!) It's not that hard to find discounted Nike and UA, but Lulu's... Not so much. Im waiting til I reach my goal to spend any more on that brand haha
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Huge vote for lululemon :) I'm sticking with the styles right now that will see me through a couple sizes, and when I reach my goal, I'm having a major splurge out in there. Just the best quality I have found by far.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Most of my stuff is Nike and Under Armour. It is definitely better than the less expensive brands. It holds up better and feels better (to me). I have not paid anywhere near retail for any of it. I go to the Nike and Under Armour outlet stores and haunt the clearance racks. I bought a Nike "Miler" shirt and pair of 2 in 1 running shorts for a total of $13 a month or so ago. I've also gotten some smokin deals on Under Armour stuff in the Bargain Cave at Cabela's.

I do live 5 minutes from Cabela's and 20 minutes from the Outlet Mall so these are convenient places for me to go on a regular basis.

5 mins from Cabela's and 20 mins from the Outlet Mall....looks like we live pretty close to one another lol! I hit up the Outlets down in San Marcos alllll the time for work out gear :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Huge vote for lululemon :) I'm sticking with the styles right now that will see me through a couple sizes, and when I reach my goal, I'm having a major splurge out in there. Just the best quality I have found by far.

Oh God, yes lululemon....I LOVE that place! So pricey but soooo amazingly cute and great quality!
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's a tough question to answer if you're wanting to lose a lot of weight - you don't want to spend a ton of money on stuff that isn't going to fit soon right?

So as far as shirts and shorts etc go when you're getting started, I think cheaper places are just fine - Target, Superstore, Zeller, etc. But once you're closer to your goal weight, I think quality is more important. I swear by Under Armour, their clothes are so well made and last forever! Lulu lemon makes my favourite running pants, and their tops are the best for yoga.

Sports bras I would never scrimp on because that can make such a huge difference to your work-out, in how you feel, where your attention is, your comfort level. I buy underarmour or lulu lemon bras, always.

Not to mention proper shoes, because obviously. I'm a New Balance fan and Aasics fan.
  • Ashatack
    Ashatack Posts: 41
    Options
    Walmart has a workout line that isnt horrible so dose target... But you can get pretty good deals at big name outlet stores like under armor and nike. I personaly love the new line victorias secret started, but i love everything victorias secret lol
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    5 mins from Cabela's and 20 mins from the Outlet Mall....looks like we live pretty close to one another lol! I hit up the Outlets down in San Marcos alllll the time for work out gear :)

Probably not terribly far. I work in downtown Austin. Live about 20 minutes south of there.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Target and Old Navy....Walmart stuff fits like crap on me. Not for shoes though.
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I get my tanks (with built in sports bra, that surprisingly actually supports, and my "girls" are large enough to truly need support) at Target, I believe they are Champion brand. My shorts are Danskin from Wal-mart as they are the only one I can find with pockets (I also MUST HAVE pockets) and they are surprisingly comfortable for the I think it was $7 a pair I spent on them.
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    I get my bike wear from the bike shop, clearance rack only. Performance Bike has the best deals by me, I also go to Fleet Feet and again, clearance rack only. That means the top brands at half the cost and I can try them on.
    I used to go to Target but for bicycling I need higher end.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I really like Marshalls or TJ Maxx. They have an athletic department with tons of cute stuff and it's pretty cheap, too. I bought a pair of shorts for around $10 and my workout top for I think $7 or $8.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I've always bought my workout gear for cheap at Walmart and I've had them for years. The only reason why I am gonna buy new ones soon is because they are to big!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    lululemon. Love it. Have a ton. I warn you it is expensive.