Oroweat sandwich thins!!!

Options
Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thins are my favorite new discovery. I like bread but not too much and these are just right. They are only 100 calories, full of fiber and delicious!! I use them in place of bread and pitas. For breakfast I have scrambled eggs whites with laughing cow light french onion on a sandwich thin. I also dip them in hummus. It is my new treat!

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I bought some last weekend for the first time too. They're pretty nifty :)
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, dipping them in hummus. good idea!
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I ate those on vacation when I went to visit my aunt in New York but I can't find them here:grumble:
  • KariM
    KariM Posts: 53
    Options
    I agree! I found them too last week (Sam's Club). I made little pizzas with them! Little cheese, pinapple, balck olives - was great! but I do suggest lightly toasting them before adding sauce and toppings.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I get the Arnold's thins - may be the same thing. Coincidentally, I just ate one -made egg salad sandwich - very tasty...
  • morand
    morand Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    They are awesome. We discovered them about a month ago and the only place that I have found them is at Sams.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I like the look of them, but they are just way too expensive--even at Costco--for someone who is out of work. (maybe I am thinking of the Arnold's as well). I have compromised with Innkeepers 8 Grain bread from Costco. It's $0.03 more per slice than the Kirkland stuff, but it is really good. It is so dense you practically have to use a cart to carry it out of the store, but it is doesn't have that "lead" feel to it that many multigrain breads have. It is 150 calories a slice, but it is so good, I am willing to cut something else out to make room ;-)
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find any yet. I'm about to just go to every grocery store in the city. I want to try them.!!!
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I get the Arnold's thins - may be the same thing. Coincidentally, I just ate one -made egg salad sandwich - very tasty...

I get the arnolds also...love them....and so do the non-dieters at my house!
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like the look of them, but they are just way too expensive--even at Costco--for someone who is out of work.

i agree. i've seen these tasty looking temptresses at Sams... but i just can't justify the price. i make my own little "thin bread". something i learned to do from my brother. as kids, we were often long on hungry but short on bread. so he would toast the bread and slice it right through the center of the thickness. making it in to two full size pieces of "thin toast". as a bonus, we used less lunch meat because the flavor was not overshadowed by too much bread ;)
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sandwich Thins. I get them at Safeway and Costco. They are perfect for sandwiches holds all the stuff together but doesn't fill you up! Yum! :love:
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Just found these at target of all places, and wow was i amazed! very tasty, not to heavy, really good balance. I found them because i was doing an emergency market run for a few foods with my gift card (birthday present) as i have been way broke due to moving recently, and i really think i am going to add these to my normal weekly market list. yummy!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    We love them, too!
    My husband - who has always been very suspicious of lower calorie bread - loves them!
    Great for hamburgers, sandwiches or garlic cheese bread!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    They make great little PB&J sandwiches too.