Fitness dvds.

Options
2»

Replies

• ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I credit my exercise DvDs as a major part of my weight loss program. I used the various Jillian Michaels & Taebo series.
  • tltincher
    tltincher Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    LOL! If not for the dvds where would I be??? I am currently doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and LOVE it! In the past I have lost and toned well with The Firm 2 sculpting system. I also have P90X which is an awesome workout, I just have a hard time devoting an hour a day.
  • littlemisstickles
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about 30 day shred, will check it out for sure. My only concern is im very new to exercise at the moments as I'm just starting out. (16 lengths in the swimming pool today has left me walking like john wayne!)
    Which of these would be the best to build up my tolerance or just to go for it?
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i use netflix and i switch out exercise dvds about every 2 weeks. i love this because it keeps things different. i recently found step aerobics to be a great workout and I love Christy Taylor. it's kind of corny but i love the routines. good luck!

I thought I was the only one who still loves step aerobics :D I have a Kathy Kaehler video (now a DVD) that was filmed in 1992 - the bad hair and spandex are awesome and keep me giggling through the whole thing. I love that I can add/subtract intensity by adding steps or hand weights/ankle weights.

Thanks for the netflix suggestion - I didn't realize they have exercise dvds too
  • BaldyLover
    Options
    I use Kirsty Gallachers Body Sculpting DVD and getting some great results. There are three levels of workout and three blast sessions - each focus on lower body, upper body and abs. There's also nutrition info but I haven't used that much. I've lost 1 stone 9 lb since using this as well as altering my diet and looking loads better. I also walk a lot which helps with legs. The only area I'm not getting great results from is bingo wings, but they are showing improvement.
  • TinySal
    TinySal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Never thought about using neflix thanks for the idea
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do 30 day shred and No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels. I do DVD 4 - 5 times a week and take an one hour and 15 min bar method class. Definitely try JM DVDs.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about 30 day shred, will check it out for sure. My only concern is im very new to exercise at the moments as I'm just starting out. (16 lengths in the swimming pool today has left me walking like john wayne!)
    Which of these would be the best to build up my tolerance or just to go for it?

Things like the Shred and the Butt Bible are done in levels, so you just keep doing the first level until you feel like you're ready to move on. Even if you can't do it perfect the first couple of times, you'll feel yourself get better at it the more you do it., and as Chalene Johnson (Turbo Jam) says, even mistakes burn calories! Yoga Booty Ballet I don't think is very hard, and it's fun. Same with Hip Hop Abs. I was 280+ lbs when I started using Turbo Jam, so if I can do it....
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Zumba is good fun. Also might want to try Leslie Sansone walking at home programs. There is also a website you can check out: collagevideo.com You can look over all the video's they have to offer and can preview them before buying-they have all levels from begginner to advanced, from aerobics, seated, dancing, yoga, pilates, whatever you think you may like, you can look over the site and get a clip of each to see if you may enjoy it. Good luck. :smile:
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    Now I know in here the thought or the mention of a fitness dvd is probably a swear word, but I will be honest, sometimes I just really don't want to go outside! Its cold and rains a lot in england! So, does anyone have any good recommendation to any fitness dvdsi can jump around the living room too?

I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! the "10 minute solution" series. If you go on Amazon they have them really inexpensive. You can mix and match and they dont kill you. I can honestly say they have worked for me and my lifestyle. So very glad I found them. You can even pull a few up on youtube.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    in my opinion, jillian michaels videos are NOT for beginners. they are intense workouts and i get super frustrated when i can't complete them. if you stick w/them, obviously they get easier but i wouldn't recommend them for a work out newbie. just my opinion. i'd start out w/something simpler if you are easily discouraged...
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump