Running

Options

Replies

• Goosiesnougs
    Options
    YOUR PACE IS FANTASTIC!! Be very proud of yourself! You're AWESOME!
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've never been a runner myselft, but I walked my first 5K over the weekend. Enjoyed the experience immensely, and am now inspired to want to get to the point where I can RUN a 5K.
  • FindingAnn
    FindingAnn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great job. It's okay to get emotional. I do every time I beat a goal. Way to go. Your should be proud.

I got the nike+ app on my iPod touch (iPhone too) and it helps me log my miles, my pace, and calorie burn. I can also set goals and challenges with the app which links to an online site. It's all very motivating and it helped me shave 10 mins off my 3mile time in the last year. I highly recommend it.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!!
  • wo1wendy
    wo1wendy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I started the Couch to 5K program a few weeks ago and last Friday I went in to my Cardio Kick class and was asking the trainer a few questions about my legs and breathing and she said "come on" and out we went. With her at my shoulder talking me through it I ran almost 3 miles. (with the few min of walking I did before it I made the whole 3 miles) Then yesterday I did it again. I am about 11 or 12 min mile but I will take it. My legs and back ache but I am going to continue. I loved the jello feeling and I sent a picture to everyone I knew. That is such a great accomplishment. I kept thinking back to high school and walking the track while everyone else was jogging :/ congrats on your victory. Life is good :)
  • leapheart
    leapheart Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's Great! Good Job:)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That is great! One of my NSV is to be able to jog consistantly from one end of my road to the other, half a mile!
  • tyutley
    tyutley Posts: 2
    Options
    That is WONDERFUL! Congrats! I hope to do the same thing! I have done 1 5k but I walked most of it...and I have another 5k May 12th
  • boxingday2010
    Options
    That's great! Way to pace yourself.
  • kzangus
    kzangus Posts: 2
    Options
    Terrific! That is such an accomplishment!!!! Keep going....I have a very difficult time pacing... haven't accomplished anything yet... love to exercise... have great stamina indoors... poor breathing when trying to run outdoors. Oh well.. will keep attempting...
  • SerenityGrl85
    SerenityGrl85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's not about racing...it's about challenging yourself and succeeding. Don't stop, long distance running is truly a rewarding activity.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You did great! You will be winning races! Keep it up.
  • dranke2445
    Options
    Excellent! Great job. Keep it up & you never know if you might win a race at that pace. I love running but can't right now due to hip pain. So I'm walking a few 5Ks. I took 3rd in my age group in the last one! Have a great evening. Diana
  • courtrptr13
    courtrptr13 Posts: 272
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great accomplishment! Keep up the great work!
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Very awesome! thanks so much for posting. I'm doing c25k and in the early stages of it and your post gives me inspiration! Enjoy your feeling of accomplishment, you deserve it!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Good job!! :)
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What an awesome feeling!! I promise it's addictive and I love love the jello legs. If I'm not sore the next day I push harder. You are totally ready for a 5k!

Cheers!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    AWESOME time for your first 5K! I'm hoping to be under 40 min when I do my first one (which is unlikely LOL)
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Don't pace yourself to anyone. Be your own man. Set your own goals. Reap the beneifits of your own success. If I tried chasing the numbers of others, I would stay disappointed. That having been said, congratulations on the 3 miles. Your pace was nothing to laugh at either. You're doing a fantastic job and with continuing running and conditioning you'll continue to get faster, better, and most importantly, healthier! Good luck!
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    That's terrific!! I look forward to the day I can do that too. I'm half and half right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!