Couldn't afford WW anymore, so trying out MFP

Options
jbova88
jbova88 Posts: 10 Member
After hitting plateus on WW and feeling guilty for the monthly $$ I was dropping I decided to swtich over to MFP instead. Looking for friends that can motivate, as well as share recipes as I love to cook! I am 23y/o female recently diagnosed with RA, and looking for exercise that can be feul for weight loss without tearing up my already sore joints. I am hoping that major weight loss will help with the inflammation and pain, and once I reach a healthy weight (at least 50lbs) my husband and I would like to start a family!

Replies

• Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Free is good!
    And you can still use some of the things we've learned at WW here.
    Welcome and best wishes!

(I don't "friend" people until I know them better, but happy to chat on the message boards.)
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Free is my favorite price for anything :)
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great site you'll love it!!
  • feliciatopia
    feliciatopia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I moved from WW too. It is a little easier to track,because you don't need to recalculate everything twice. Feel free to add me if you like. Welcome! and good luck!
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is how I found MFP too! To be honest I like MFP more than WW (free indeed! And the online community seems more active), but it does take a bit more attention to monitor calories, carbs, protein, and fat instead of just points.

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other :)
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Free is my favorite price for anything :)

You said it pal! Well welcome to mfp!!! Trust me, you won't regret the decision. I thought about joining weight watchers, but in the end, it did boil down to the money for me. I'll send you a friend request, happy losing!!!
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    The elliptical is great. I have rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis..feel free to add me.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It's the best thing you'll never buy for health and fitness!! Love this site and I've learned so much from it, especially about my food intake! Welcome and enjoy!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've used both and in my personal opinion, MFP beats WW hands down! Welcome :)
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's why I am also on MFP. Welcome.
  • Cinkkelly
    Options
    I was also on WW and tired of paying for it. I am struggling with 50 lbs. keep going up and down by 20 lbs. trying hard to get back to tracking my food. And adding more exercise.
  • mkathib
    mkathib Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WW was to high for me too, but I like this site by a long shot so much better! Don't get me wrong, WW was great but saving the money is better!! Good luck, feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com BEST RECIPE SITE EVER!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    swimming for exercise?
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am an older person but I have artificial knees, and I use a stationary bicycle for exercise. It never gets old because when it gets easy I crank up the level. I'm not sure a person with RA can do that but I have osteo in virtually every joint and the bike doesn't aggravate any of it and in fact I am feeling better pain wise than I have in years...of course that might be due to the weight loss. I also like to cook so if I can help you in anyway I would be glad to do that. Feel free to add me.
  • twinsmom03
    twinsmom03 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I actually like this better than WW. It is simple and to the point. No need to count points any longer. Sorry to hear about your RA. Have you tried taking a Fish oil supplement. I find that it really helps my joints. Good luck!!!!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll like this site much better than WW.
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    Came here from WW too. Its great for support and the calories you see not points are amazing. Hit the same wall for us too. Also they went way to commercial for me the last couple of months we were with them.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just went to http://www.skinnytaste.com/ and I am lovin' it!! Thank you, so much!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! We are all in this together, and it works!