For women - bloating and weighing during periods

Options
2»

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You can gain up to 10 pounds during your cycle.

I always track my gains and losses so I know how much to expect to come back off.

Working out helps with cramping so yes, I work out now.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 lbs heavier during that time of the month, so I avoid scales and tight clothes when I know it's coming
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    about 5 pounds usually the couple days beforehand and once its over back to where i was, unless i lost a pound or so.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    yep a good 3-4lbs! best bet is to stay hydrated, keep working out, eat lots of roughage and it will never stay...it's just a temporary annoyance!!
  • Teapotdomescam
    Options
    I avoid the scale at all costs during that time! I gain anywhere from 3-5 pounds. They say that right after your period you weigh less though so it's best to weigh yourself right when you're done. :)
    Just remind yourself it's only gonna last a week. Keeps the sanity level steady anyway ;)
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I always notice being up to a few pounds up around a week before, then i drop back down after.
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    it's true! weighed myself a few days ago, 130 and wanted to cry....weighed myself today, back to 126. phew! i need to remember to never weigh-in during that week!!! you feel terrible enough as it is.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    Yup, I always seem to put on a little weight, but it's not from pigging out or not exercising --- it's just exactly that - TOM. I wouldn't even bother weighing during that time... Just skip that week and weigh yourself the following week.
    xx
  • cecker421
    Options
    There is some great info in here. Thanks everyone, I myself get super bloated.
  • keacey
    keacey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing. Makes me feel a little relieved and not to panic when I see the numbers go up on my scale.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    thats what I'm blaming my zero weight loss on this past week
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    2-3LBS 2 days before. Down 2-3 one day after it ends.

Exactly.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I gained a whole 8 lbs the last time a week before my period..I was traumatized..haha.. Dropped it by the last few days of my period though thank goodness..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm another one for whom ovulation made the scale go up 2-3LBS for 2 days. Amazing what the hormones do!
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm hoping for menopause soon!!! But in the mean time I am still cylcing... and every month have between 2-5lbs weight gain that bothers me Imensley (spelling???) but I have great friends that remind me that it's not going to stay. And after I end up lower than when I started. Don't sweat it...we women suffer because that's how God saw fit to do it....Who are we to question it???? We are dealt a hand, lets just do it. I'm miserable during that time of the month. But my friends support me and I go on.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    All I can say is YAY! Menopause! No more of any of those symptoms. Its the best thing ever.
  • omotomi
    omotomi Posts: 11
    Options
    i usually get bloated at that time too,really like bloated and noticeably 2,dont even bother weighing yourself as your weight will go back to its normal state after u finish your period
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I can weigh up to 5 pounds more during that TOM.
  • QueenGolden1
    QueenGolden1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your body goes into high gear at this time it needs more from your food it's not that you eat more sodium it's that your body grabs more from your intake and everyone know sodium = retaining water = bloating but if you count calories and push yourself to workout you will burn more calories than normal because you're body is in high gear burning calories mode to keep up with the tom functions and workout with help ease cramps and i actually break through Plato times with the help of my monthly many times I've lost up to five pounds afterward, don't get down remember bloaing is temporary, but the weight lose is forever if u push through