Running

Options
13»

Replies

• Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    that is AWESOME! Your pace is fantastic. I just ran a 5k in 35 min & would LOVE to run it in 32 min. I will get there eventually, the more I run the faster I get. Great job !
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!
    Congratulations :)
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    awesome! congrats on this NSV!
  • ben_running
    Options
    Congrats! You will remember this day as long as you live. Trust me.
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on a great run and a great pace!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Nicely done! Your pace is great. I totally understand the getting emotional part. Anytime I hit a new milestone I get super excited and a little choked up. I also never took care of myself either and only started working out about 13 months ago. It's exciting to see and feel myself getting stronger and more capable of doing the things my body is built to do! Keep up the great work.
  • tdcaruso
    tdcaruso Posts: 2
    Options
    That's fantastic! You should be proud. I, too, started running for the first time this weekend. Couldn't touch what you were able to accomplsh, but it was a good start. My legs feel the same way, but after walking and zumba, they are feeling much better.
  • William518
    Options
    So this afternoon for the first time in my life I Jogged (or Ran) over 3 miles without stopping to walk.

Previously I had done the same distance but walked about 1/3rd of it while Running the rest. I really couldn't get my pacing down and constantly felt out of breath.

So today I paced myself, felt great almost the whole run, and didn't stop.

3.2 miles in 32.5 minutes

Not gonna win any races with that pace but atleast I ran the whole way and feel great. Although my legs are kind of like jello right now.

You'd be surprised. I won my age group for a 5K (3.1 miles) with a time of 29:59 two years ago.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Congratulations!!! That's a big accomplishment!! I'm doing intervals (walk/jog/run/repeat) to help build my endurance. Training for a race this fall.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!