Thin In My Skin! (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of this week's winners!

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to the biggest, overall, loser... SarahMorganP!!

I will message her and see if she will give us our challenge for the week! :happy:
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

This challenge is not a "normal" challenge really, but I think it is very important for all of us. I want you all to challenge yourself to only think positive self thoughts this week. Anytime you start to think something negative, like "My pants are too tight and my butt looks so big!" instead remind yourself about how great you are going to look in those pants next week after you lose some more inches!

As for a physical challenge, I challenge you all to get at least 20min of exercise every single day this week. Even if that is just walking in place while watching tv. Just get up and move for at least 20min every day!

Good luck this week everyone!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge! Really makes me think twice about what I put in my mouth knowing I am accountable here.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

This challenge is not a "normal" challenge really, but I think it is very important for all of us. I want you all to challenge yourself to only think positive self thoughts this week. Anytime you start to think something negative, like "My pants are too tight and my butt looks so big!" instead remind yourself about how great you are going to look in those pants next week after you lose some more inches!

As for a physical challenge, I challenge you all to get at least 20min of exercise every single day this week. Even if that is just walking in place while watching tv. Just get up and move for at least 20min every day!

Thank you so much for our challenges!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Name/ real name: bregalad5/Rachel

Current Weight: 209
    Challenge Goal Weight: 190

04/09: 209
    04/16: 204.2
    04/23: 208.2
    04/30:
    05/07: <<<200>>>
    05/14:
    05/21:
    05/28:
    06/04: <<<195>>>
    06/11:
    06/18:
    06/25:
    07/02: <<<190>>>

Stupid TOM :(
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Nice challenge!! Thinking positive is self-motivating. We are our own worst critics. This week in our brains we can strive to be our own best cheerleaders. Woo Hoo!! And the exercise challenge is very doable. Why can't I get up and walk around for 20 minutes? I CAN do it!!! And so CAN YOU!!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Thanks for the motivational talk! This challenge is basic but it teaches us a primary lesson we all should learn but some don't. There is no excuse not to so some form of exercise a day. We all have a wasted 20 minutes that can be put to better use.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Good challenges! That positive thoughts one is going to be a toughie! I think I failed it already! LOL Bad, Sugar! BAD! Very VERY BAD!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Some great losses again this week! Congrats Sarah!! Awesome job overcoming your plateau!
  • prudolph69
    Options
    I would like to join your group if I could

Patty - CO
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Thanks Sarah for the challenges. :flowerforyou: I have been weighing in on Friday's instead of Monday's and so far it is working
    for me and the scale is going down. I do try to exercise 30 mins. everyday so I have that challenge covered.
    The positive thinking is great for everyone to try. We can be very negative and that puts us in a slump.
    Positive thoughts coming my way!!
    Congratulations all the big losers.:drinker:
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Thanks for a great challenge! I think we all need to focus on being happy with ourselves no matter what stage of the journey we are in!

Personal goal for the week: 40 - 60 minutes of exercise per day

Great job everyone... keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Great challenges this week. It is so easy to get into the negative thinking.

I love the exercise challenge. I injured my neck about three weeks ago. I am better and getting back to exercise ( I could have kept moving but I used the injury as an excuse not to move!). It is so hard to recover what I lost in those three weeks.....I need to remember this to keep motivated to keep moving! Just moving 20 minutes a day is a great start!
    Thanks
  • Sibby123
    Sibby123 Posts: 99
    Options
    Sorry I didn't log this week, been all over the place mood wise, I put on 6lb but I'm back on it this week, promise :)
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Typing from my iPod, so sorry in advance for typos - sometimes the autocorrect subs odd stuff in for my misspelled words!!

Congrats to all the fabulous losers this week!! Also, big hand to all of us who are logging, reporting in on here and taking the steps to fight for our health (with the side benefit of looking the fit and fabulous selves we know lurk within. Do not give up on yourself no matter what a scale shows back to you. I have quit on myself too many times in the past - it leads no where good. It is a habit I am fighting to change each and every day.

Shadow kitty- thank you so much for your service & sacrifice!! Love your goal and hope you're back statewide ASAP!

Amy(tea light) hmm cheap lunches. Near & dear to my heart as I stick to a budget of $150/wk for our family of 5. Wha helps the most is planning ahead, packing leftovers for lunch...the planning let's me buy as much organic as I can. For something quick & cheap, most of the ideas that come right to mind are a little high on the sodium - progresso lentil soup (filling)...a lean cuisine ... Cooking up some chicken breast (crock pot is easy if you have/can buy one) then you can shred or chunk it & throw it in salads, toss in a pita pocket w/ some lettuce...or hard boiled egg .. Sliced up on salad, sliced up as a sandwich layer. On the go, I like subways $5 subs. If you get a whole, that's 2 days of lunch.

More in a separate post - I don't want to lose what I've typed so far.
    Hugs, amy
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ok, continued...
    Mrsgstone - popcorn in micro - never knew you could do that w/Un-popped. Will have to give that a try

Raina - hang in!

Linda - love that you are doing c25k! Go for it!

Jody - great plan

Laurie - Wowzers! You killed it this week

Crystal - great job setting limits this week with work & sticking to your priorities

Tamara (amazon) sorry for the frustrating week. Seems like you are doing all the right things. Keep at it and give your body a chance tod respond. Thanks for cheering me on towards onderland!

Desirai - hang in there!! Rooting for you :)

Leslie - great work starting exercise. Regardless of what the scale says, this is a great step towards your future succes

Sarah - great challenges this week!!

Have a great day all!
    Amy
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Big congrats to everyone still in the challenge! The best part of this challenge is the accountability factor. Sticking with it is something to be commended. So many times I have given up but I have been going strong for just about a month now. I know that much of that is credited to MFP and the groups that I am a part of. We've made it to week 3! :drinker:
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    HI,
    Like the challenges. I'm trying to do 30ds every morning and go for at least a 30 minute walk during the day. The thinking better, this week i'm trying to get through the week without being sick, i had a really bad week last week with 'disordered eating' and i promised myself i would manage 7 days without it! This is now day 4!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, if it's not too much hassle, if at the top of each weight group you could put what the columns are for again. Being down at the bottom of the chart I sometimes forget what all the numbers stand for. >_< Haha But if it's too much of a hassle then I totally understand and you're awesome for already doing as much as you do.
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    Well I jumped on the scale this morning and I'm unbelievably UP 2.4 lbs! I'm not exactly sure how....since I have been sticking to my BMR number or right around that. I'm not stressing right now....I'm still off from work tonight and tomorrow night...going back Saturday night so I'm going to get some good workouts in and re-evaluate what I'm doing.

One of MFP friends I have on here has offered to do up a menu plan for me next week. I'm taking her up on that offer...what do I have to lose?(besides inches/pounds?)

I'm also reading something called "Lose it for Life". I picked it up at the Christian book store and I'm doing the workbook also. I have always been a firm believer that "eating" is more than just eating. There are reasons WHY some of us eat more than others...and I'm one of those people. I am a 100% emotional eater. This book has helped me a LOT so far and I'm ready to take this books challenge and lose it for good...no more yo yo effects. This book looks at the spiritual, emotional as well as the physical part for losing weight. ... from a Christian's stand point. Anyhow...just wanted to let you guys know what I have done to change things up a little .... nothing else is working for me.

As far as work goes....I work hard. I don't even get to take my 10 minute breaks let alone my lunch breaks. ((this needs to change)) I always find things that need to be done and then you have the call lights of people that refuse to SLEEP at night. We are getting more and more combative/confused people and I'm not sure why they are doing that when before I started there I guess they were very picky about who they took. I left the nursing homes because I was TIRED of getting beat up....and now its happening here. I guess there is no happy medium in the nursing field. And the nurses need to answer some call lights...I'm ONE person...not sure why they feel it is appropriate to sit behind the desk talking LOUDLY at that, about their dates last night, or about how one nurse is lazy. They were TOLD to get up and answer call lights...but as you see from my complain session here....that isn't happening. And they wonder why I'm quiet??? Oh ... they don't want me to actually talk to them...I'd be the next person they would talk about.

Okay I had a good vent. Getting off here to get in some good exercise and make the kids breakfast before they head to school. This Ohio weather is strange...but today I will take it. I think it's supposed to be 60 degrees. ::sighs:: I just want nice weather so I can get out and start moving more. I hate to walk/run in the cold....but maybe I need to erase that mind set....you can't have that mindset living in Ohio. ((one day it is 80...the next it is 40 and snow.)) :ohwell: