Favorite way to eat oatmeal??

Options
2»

Replies

• foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I eat Steel Cut Oats with a scoop of whey isolate, tablespoon of pure almond butter(nothing but almonds), and a small splash of unsweetened almond milk.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Banana-walnut-maple oatmeal.
    Strawberries and milk.
    Cranberry, almond and honey.

I also like these muffins:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/buttermilk-oatmeal-muffins/

I make them with oil, but I have made them with apple sauce in the past and they were really good.
    * I have also made them with yogurt and a small amount of milk instead of buttermilk (because I was out of buttermilk) and they turned out fine. This would also raise the protein numbers.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    With a spoon. It falls off the fork.

Okay, seriously. I stir in applesauce or canned fruit quite frequently. Another way I like but haven't made recently is:

Take the water you're going to use to cook the oatmeal and add some dried fruit. Let it sit overnight -- then in the morning, boil it up and cook the oatmeal the same way you normally would. The dried fruit will get nice and plump, and flavor the whole bowl of oatmeal rather than just the little bits near it.
  • btm03
    btm03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My favorite is pb, honey, and cinnamon. Other option I really like is brown sugar, walnuts, and raisins!
  • midoswife
    midoswife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pump
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    with ground-up flax seed, and teaspoon of brown sugar.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Mixed with parm cheese, baby spinach, garlic salt, and topped with an over easy egg. SO good with the yolk mixing with the oatmeal.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Lots of butter and sugar.....that's why I don't eat it that much! Those are not healthy condiments, but they taste sooo good!!!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it with just raisins. If you want to try oatmeal raw, you could always use it as a substitute for granola. For example, I like to mix my granola with vanilla yogurt and fresh berries. You could maybe top your yogurt with the oatmeal instead.
  • ChinaLexie
    ChinaLexie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My favorites:

1. Newest: With milk (or 1/2 milk and 1/2 water), peach nectar and a bit of sugar. Tastes like peaches and cream! (Can try Strawberry nectar too)
    2. Go-to: A tablespoon of unsweetened Hershey's chocolate powder (or Nestle semi-sweet chocolate), a tablespoon of peanut butter and a few tsp. of sugar. BAM! A no bake cookie with the IMMENSE amounts of sugar!
    3. Almond milk, brown sugar, and craisins. Delicious and super healthy!
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    ...with a scoop of chocolate whey protein and some almond milk. Served either hot or cold. I'll add some almond butter if I want to splurge a little bit.

I also like mixing it in with whatever omelette I'm preparing that morning.
  • runner7793
    Options
    Nothing special, just a tsp of Organic Turbinado Sugar or 1 Tablespoon (roughly) Honey :)
    I make my oatmeal just with water, but good with almond milk too...
    I could eat oatmeal all day long....
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Raw in greek yogurt
    Raw soaked overnight in vanilla almond milk, add raisins or blueberries in the morning

Cooked (water) then add gorgonzola cheese and sliced strawberries

In the fall: Cooked in vanilla almond milk, add 1/2 cup pumpkin pulp, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg. om nom nom.
  • tm1955
    tm1955 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    use a little unsweetened Almond milk (lower in calories than regular milk) and add a scoop of protien powder to get your day off to a great start! I love oatmeal for breakfast, stays with me all morning.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Banana and honey, after a run. If no run, then just banana.
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have never been a huge fan of oatmeal either.....the only one I liked was the Quaker Cinnamon Roll flavor .... but it's high in sugar.
    Then I found this topic on MFP....
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/580422-refrigerator-oatmeal-overnight-oatmeal-i-finally-tried-it

I am totally in love with refrigerator oatmeal. I thought cold oatmeal would be nasty.... but it's actually really good! :smile:
    My favorite is with Mango and coconut, but the Banana with Chocolate PB2 is a close runner up! :love:
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    I like it plain, add cinnamon & fruit. Then instead of eating it with a spoon I'll scoop it onto a piece of toast, until my toast runs out :'[.