If it was an Olympic event, I'd take the GOLD!

Options
Trail_Addict
Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
I have an extraordinary ability to determine if something isn't perfectly centered between 2 points from just a glance. A gold-winning performance if there was ever an Olympic event for determining symmetry, but otherwise a wasted talent in my regular life.

Anyone else have a hidden talent that would net the Gold if there ever was an Olympic event for it?

Replies

• wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I'm really really good at determining how many ounces of water I'm getting from the tap.

Name how many "cups" of coffee you want, I'll dispense the exact amount of water.
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Huge honkin' gold medal in PROCRASTINATION!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

Good gawd, yes.

That and the ability to forget something at the grocery store. Every time. Even WITH a list. I've gone to the store for dog food before, and come home with a bunch of other things, but not dog food. It takes skill to manage that.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    mine would be the ability to avoid homework better than anyone else. in fact, i am currently avoiding it.
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Making fun of the hideous, ill-flattering fashions put on contestants on reality TV shows... (Idol is the WORST!)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Useless trivia.

Like the first dentures were made in 700 bc. By Italians.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Typically I'm a klutz, but for some reason random objects being thrown at me triggers some awesome ability to catch them with great finesse. LOL
  • whitetiger011680
    whitetiger011680 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    forgetting things. I'm great at that.
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    grammar correction..........almost to the point of being obnoxious.....
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    great at eyeing measurements for baking, without actually measuring.
  • Dynamofan
    Dynamofan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Geography! ... I've spent many hours of many days in my life staring quietly at maps, I love it!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    "Beat the intro" on songs. If I've heard it before and know the title and artist, I can nail it super quick.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    The ability to eat my own body weight in chocolate.:blushing:
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Bull detector.....need it in my job :grumble:
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    grammar correction..........almost to the point of being obnoxious.....

I'm one of those - Grammar Nazi my gf calls me! She's brilliant at Math and I excelled at English.

But my gold medal event would be road rage! I'm not proud of that though :embarassed:
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options

I used to procratinate all the time, but I can't be bothered to anymore.
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 614
    Options
    Dancing in the lounge room and singing in the car. Sometimes I even dance and sing in the car...pretty impressive!
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Geography! ... I've spent many hours of many days in my life staring quietly at maps, I love it!

me too!!
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm a master at '6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon'. I have a near photographic memory for movies, the actors that are in them and how they are connected. Yet, I've had to throw away many gym locks because I forgot the combination. I have trouble remembering numbers or letters without some sort of context.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Organizing small spaces so they function well. We lived in a 27' RV for 14-months with a 4-year old. Now we live in a 2-bedroom with 3 kids. I do use my skills for my professional organizing business, but who wouldn't love a gold medal?! ;)