successes after 30 day shred level 1

Options

Replies

• vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So, what is the 30 day Shred I'm hearing so much about? You have to do it everyday? How long a daily workout? Sorry for the questions, just seeing if I have the time before I look into buying it.

30 Day Shred is an exercise DVD by Jillian Michaels, and consists of 3 different 20 minute workouts that increase in difficulty. The idea is to done a day, the first level for 10 days, second for 10 days and then the third for 10 days, but if you feel the first is too easy then move up to the second earlier e.t.c. Some people take rest days, I am trying to do it without. If you are in the UK it only costs £5 for the DVD's and you will need some small hand weights.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    for people that have trouble finding the time.... 20 mins is nothing !! im a single mum with 3 under 5s and currently they all have chicken pox and are proving rather demanding lol but ive still managed to fit in 20 mins a day for my 30 ds !!! x
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    7lbs and 5 inches off is excellent Mummma! very well done! you've worked hard for it and really deserve it! :drinker:
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    for people that have trouble finding the time.... 20 mins is nothing !! im a single mum with 3 under 5s and currently they all have chicken pox and are proving rather demanding lol but ive still managed to fit in 20 mins a day for my 30 ds !!! x

Nice work! My wife works ten hours a day at a nursery, so only having to do 20 minutes for a workout is really handy. I am doing it because it works out pretty much everything in a short space of time, and I can concentrate on the muscles I want to improve more with lifting. I never realised how weak my legs were until I started this!
  • Doors76
    Doors76 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK ... where can you find it for £5?!
    I would love to give it a try but money's tight and if I can get it for that price I will grab it with both hands :-)
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Level one is available on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

The whole season is available on Amazon instant video for $4.99 (so you wouldn't get a dvd, you'd just stream it or download it from amazon.)

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335354594&sr=8-1

I started with level one 10 days ago on youtube, and bought the whole season yesterday. I absolutely love it.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go in a month or so. Just been doing my own thing the last 3 weeks(only 3 week on this site). Running, spinning, some weights and plenty of calisthenics.
  • Bambooblade
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the UK ... where can you find it for £5?!
    I would love to give it a try but money's tight and if I can get it for that price I will grab it with both hands :-)

Amazon.co.uk & Play.com both have it for £5 - mine arrived today, can't wait to start
  • marynmarty
    marynmarty Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!! I just started this week in doing it!! I did it once last week but made a goal to do it at least 3x a week if not more. I finished my second day last night.....Tonight I can't do it but will start it back up tomorrow. I hope I see some good results like you :-) Great job!!!!
  • mummma
    Options
    thanks everyone !!!

youtube it... or ebay / amazon/ play.com just find it... commit yourself to 20 mins a day !! and youll feel sooooooo good at the end of it !!

i watched a bit of level 2 and i cant believe im gunna have to do that tomorrow lol. but i actually cant wait because seeing these results after he first 10 days !! i can only imagine what the final result will be like !!

also i only used really small weights 1.5lbs or something rediculous. its just what i had hanging around my house. i soon bought some more tho!! i hear about people using water bottles so theres no major need to spend money !

hopefully ill be able to update you all in another 10 days time !!!

x
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Wow! Well done to you!!

Ive had great results with Shred too and now busy with it once again after doing some RI30.

Level 2 is scary...hehe... its definitely hard....but the crazy thing is...I've gotten to love it cause it really makes me work hard and sweat hard and get awesome results! ;)

Just push through it and by day 4/5 you will see changes in your endurance for sure!
    This is true... I can definitely do level 2 better... But I still hate it. lol I'm looking forward to level 3, mainly for a change. 2 more days of level 2...

I'm on day 2 of Level 3. This is my second round. I think Level 2 is my favorite level. I caught my reflection in my tv while doing the supermans. I had to pause the DVD because I couldn't stop laughing. I still need to drop 30-40lbs and it wasn't pretty.
  • mummma
    Options
    i workout in the kitchen and sometimes catch my reflection in the glass door..... its gross lol but it does help me see if im doing the moves right. plus i image it changing !! which is always a good motivation x
  • stace_sayers
    stace_sayers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    so today is day 10.... i will be moving onto level 2 tomorrow !! which is a little scary... but i wanted to share my level 1 successes....

7lbs and 5 inches gone :)

woohoooo...... x

Gives me hope that I will actually acheive something other than pain through this...!! Today will be day 3 of level 1 for me and im hoping i can work through the pain... Did your muscles suffer at all?
  • mummma
    Options
    i ached but i kept doing it.... no pain no gain and all that !! if i can feel it i know its working !! x
  • stace_sayers
    stace_sayers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i ached but i kept doing it.... no pain no gain and all that !! if i can feel it i know its working !! x

Thanks, motivation is definitely there to push through it now, thank you! x
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am seriously about to buy it right now... lol Hope I have amazing results like you :)
  • mummma
    Options
    add me if you want an active friend to motivate you :) xx
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is really great! I start day 5 tonight. Hope I get some results when I finish week 1.
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    That's it... I'm going to order 30DS again! Woowoo! I wish I never lent it out... :grumble:

^^I learned this lesson twice. Never lend out the 30 Day Shred. It'll never come back. :bigsmile:
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    Good job! Keep up the great work! I just got mine in the mail last night! Starting it today :)) hoping to get as great of results as you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!