So what do you fine people do for a living?

Options

Replies

• FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Illustrator, I specialize in Erotica. :blushing:
  • Crystalball78
    Options
    Pharmacy Tecehnician for the Infusion department of a Long-term care pharmacy. Love my job but hate the shift. I'm 230-11pm
    so I go to the gym at 7am and I eat breakfast and lunch at home everyday. On Sundays I cook enough to have leftovers at least until Friday.
  • daddiod
    daddiod Posts: 37
    Options
    Computer Tech for a public school
  • chantellove
    chantellove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm a server in Malibu. I'm also a singer, which is why I moved to Los Angeles 1.5 years ago, and I'm currently working on new material in the studio. I usually work 4-6 hours without a break, so I get hungry and it's hard to find healthy snacks that I can sneak in my work apron...candy is just so damn easy to eat undercover! LOL. At work, after my shift, I usually order a healthy salad. Once in awhile I give in and have a tuna melt or something not so healthy, but I'm pretty good about eating salads for lunch at work. I sometimes skip dinner and just have breakfast, lunch, and snacks, if I'm working until later in the night. I need to work on making better food choices for dinner when I eat it at home...I need to cook more!
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Field service technician in the mailing equipment industry.

I often have LOTS of windshield time, so I tend to pack my lunches. I make sure I take lots of things to munch on. I USED to be a McDonald's junkie, eating there (double quarter pounder meal with a coke) three or more times a week. (and I wonder how I got to 235+# ... SMH)

My sweetheart and I take turns cooking dinner. She usually does the "during the week" meals, and I usually do the "weekend" meals.

I don't really exercise (GASP!!!! THE HORROR!!!) other than walking our Airedales.

I do really well, unless I end up in the office. The marketing manager usually brings her leftover goodies, and the sales department also brings in things like donuts and cookies when they're having in-house demonstrations. Some days, I am good at resisting the temptations, but others, I give in. But ... I try to log everything that I have there, even if it's three triscuits (1/2 of a serving !), so that I can see my intake.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    <
    Is a System Support Account Manager by day......and a Super Hero by night. :wink: :laugh:
  • rdennisjr
    rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Neurosurgery Physician Assistant full-time, Flight Surgeon for the Army National Guard part time, then full-time Dad and husband on the side 8)

Packing lunches is the only saving grace for me - otherwise I end up with snack machines, pop cans and the need to burn about 2000 calories off somehow. I pack small series of snacks really - some need to be eaten early, some late - ie, a yogurt, couple of frozen pb&j, protein bars x2, cheese stick or something, maybe a small treat (1 or 2 oreos). That way I can kinda graze through the day depending on the surgery or clinical schedule.

Good luck on your journy!

D
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Full-time wife and nanny. My boys are grown so I'm not really a full-time momma anymore.

I have alot of time and versatility with my scheduling and eating. :)
  • jmatney79
    jmatney79 Posts: 80
    Options
    I work at home as a vendor for Walgreens. I have 18 lines candy, toys, clothing, cell phone accessories, pet clothes and a lot more!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm a family law paralegal for a sole practitioner in San Diego. I bring breakfast and lunch and keep healthy snacks in my desk drawer. Lunch usually consists or whatever I cooked for dinner the night before or usually on weekends I cook and freeze portions of a big pot of something like chili, soup or chicken. Unfortunately my boss cooks and bakes; he brought homemade chocolate cookies today. So I eat a couple and then workout so I have calories for dinner!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am the eater of sins and seller of souls.

Hello, my name is
    Death
    Hiiiiii deeeaaatthhhh.

I am a UPS driver and pack lunch. I eat all day.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm a firefighter. We eat pretty heavy foods at the station, so if I'm looking for something light I just bring a can of soup and some tuna and crackers or something. Otherwise, I eat what everyone else eats. At home, different story.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I work from "home" (IT / Software Development) so. . . Any food failures (and successes) is on me.
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am a solution architect at a fortune 100 company. I work ridiculous hours, so i have to prepare my food on the weekends or rely on soups.
  • Dawnsdream
    Options
    I work for the State as a Processing Assistant IV during the day and work part time at a Convenient Store at night and weekends I help my husband paint . I have four kids and in between I clean my house and cook and clean. And spend as much time asI can with my hubby and kids. I dont work Sundays unless I have no choice. I exercise when I have time and try to eat right but sometimes to tired to try.
  • claremillerphoto
    claremillerphoto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Food photographer - constantly surrounded by delicious tempting things! Pretty much why I'm here on MFP!! Very hard to resist but I try to eat a big pot of soup for lunch so I don't get too hungry & sample all the goodies!!
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm a meteorologist in the Air Force and as you know weather never sleeps so my schedule is always changing! The shop is open 24/7. Makes it super tough to eat well, especially with no access to a stove (only have a fridge and micro) and when I have to switch it up and do 12 hour shifts rather then 9. However I'm trying. Make sure I pack healthy snacks like fruits and premade salads and those little starkist tuna lunch kits. I'm trying to watch my sodium intake and having this schedule is making it hard haha! :happy:

I almost got a job overseeing the installation of the new weather stations for the Air Force. Instead, I'm an air force contractor that oversees that installation of radar sites. I spend about 75% of my time on the road, and eat much better when on the road.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am an accounting analyst, so I also sit at a desk all day long. I try to pack all of my lunches and not eat out. I make enough food for dinner that I will be able to either take leftovers for lunch the next day, or have it for dinner. (also, healthy choice steamers are great!)

As for exercise, I am currently doing the 30DS at night when I get home from work. As long as I immediately change into workout clothes I am fine! haha. I only get to the gym on the weekends.
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I like reading what everybody does for a living. It makes you realize how different and diverse we all are!

I am an Auto Service Writer. It's a part time gig while I'm finishing school. I'm home most of the day though and am close to my kitchen. I try hard to eat good but I've got two little ones in the house and so I tend to have more grab and go foods.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I am a code monkey.
    My wife runs a home day care.
    I try to eat five meals a day so, the night before, I will typically prep as much as possible.
    I get my workout in at 5:00 AM and I am finished by 6:00.
    I am ready for work by 6:30 (yes, bald has its advantages) and I can finish prep work on all meals for myself and my wife.
    So, four meals at work and then dinner at home.