Anyone have a lot to lose? Eating 2000 calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    wow, I am a guy and my limit is 1500 cals. and I am training for a triathlon at the same time. I would maintain on 2000

Really? I am a 40 year old woman (5'9" and 143 pounds) and I continue to lose even eating 2200-2400 calories a day. My average TDEE is close to 2700. I don't even train that hard -- about an hour of hiking or circuit training most days, with some other stuff mixed in occasionally for variety.

I don't see how a man in training for a triathlon would have such a low calorie need! I would cry from hunger eating 1500 calories a day.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've got about 70lbs still to lose and I recently upped my cal goal to 1804 (sedentary) and I am eating back my exercise cals where I can (but always trying to ensure that I at least net by BMR)

I gained 5lbs during the first 3-4 weeks of having upped my goal, but in the lat 10 days have lost that and more besides!

Feel free to add me if you want someone in the same situation :)
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes can be a good way to up your calories and get more protein at the same time... 2 birds on stone. Also peanut butter (reduced salt kind to help sodium intake), advocado, nuts, seeds. Also I eat dried fruit to up my calories too. I tend to eat smaller meals (well smaller than I used to eat), which means I feel satisfied after eating rather than feeling full up. Try to use full fat milk too because that can add calories quite easily :smile:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have 60 lbs left to lose and eat between 2500 and 2800 calories a day.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    im eating 2,000 calories a day ( though i have over 100 pounds to lose)

this is what MFP told me

1600 - 2 pounds a week ( sedentary/ i have no job)
    2100 - 1 pound a week (sedentary)

i was entering my workouts in and was set to 2100 ... i would average about 2400 / 2500 (you can eat workout cals)
    a day and was losing
    i decided to switch over and get a lil bigger weight loss going for a short while ( 2 -- 3 months)
    * i have a ged graduation / b-day and college coming up*
    --

i decided to go with 1600 but i couldn't stand seeing that number, so i settled for 2,000 ( 1600 + built in workout cals) and even if i dont work out.. im still at the target for 1 pound a week

--
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi

I've just started but it gave me 1350 to eat, i usually either get near this or can be quite a few hundred under! Not meaning to, I get fuller on smaller portions and when I snack its on healthier foods now!, I excersize daily and can burn anything from 400 to 800 a day! I need to lose 59lb and lost 4lb yesterday at my first weigh in :)
  • bobadooo
    bobadooo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you :o) I need to lose a little more than 60lbs & need to see quick results. Add me if you want. Maybe we can motivate each other :o)
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is around 2800 and BMR around 2300. I just recently started eating in the 2000ish range. I was only eating like 1500-1700. After I plateaued for a few weeks, I decided to do some research. I raised my calories up and crushed that plateau. I've lost 5lbs since. I still have a hard time reaching that BMR, but I'm hitting 2000 calories pretty much consistently now. I'm losing 1.5 to 2lbs a week again. Its a great thing.
  • LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We have similar goals/restictions, feel free to add me.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I have at least 50 more lbs to lose & I'm losing steadily on 2500 calories a day, sometimes more.
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have 90lbs to loose and not hit my target yet - I'm not trying to eat less but my intake is normally about 1400. Add me if you like.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I have at least 50 more lbs to lose & I'm losing steadily on 2500 calories a day, sometimes more.

Success!!! Love a persOn who eats--no starvation necessary :)