Healthy Recipe Tips?

Options
Does anyone have any really tastey recipe tips? I've gotten excited about learning new techniques. Like using olive oil, and lots of FRESH vegetables. Also love the fact that cheese isnt bad:)

Just need some quick simple ideas please and thank you.
Jeannie

:wink:

Replies

• dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Check out my blog! I have a few really tasty treats.
  • sedenne
    Options
    If you are getting more veggies in...I like to bake my fresh or frozen veggies...especially broccoli, I spray olive oil on a baking sheet...spread veggies and spray with a little more olive oil...then sprinkle with herbs...I buy a Italian mix. Bake at 350 for about 20 min or until as tender as you like!
  • jeanniedreambtl
    Options
    Yes I've been getting into really loving brocolli. And I'm loving the whole world of spices there are out there. :)
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice and asparagus with a bit of water steamed in a pan with a lid. Very tasty. I saute some onions on the side in a tiny tiny bit of EVOO and once the asparagus has steamed I combine as a tasty side. Black pepper lemon or lime to taste. Goes great with lemon salmon or chicken.

You can also cut up bell pepper (any and all colors) and make a tin foil pocket... fill with peppers and lemon juice. Marinate chicken for 2 hours in fajita mix then toss it all on the bbq. Unwrap foil and cut chicken... add together!
  • spaceylaceys
    Options
    i really love the oscar mayer cooked chicken strips mixed with some veggies (chopped onions peppers and mushrooms with some seasoning added in a microwave safe bowl for a few minutes and presto!!! you can switch it up with many veggies too...also starkist premium salmon with a microwavable brown rice cup is fast and yummy! add some hot sauce or everglades seasoning. mmmmmmmmm :-)
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    i really love the oscar mayer cooked chicken strips mixed with some veggies (chopped onions peppers and mushrooms with some seasoning added in a microwave safe bowl for a few minutes and presto!!! you can switch it up with many veggies too...also starkist premium salmon with a microwavable brown rice cup is fast and yummy! add some hot sauce or everglades seasoning. mmmmmmmmm :-)

I just love the microwavable brown rice cups!!!! My new thing I really love now is sweet potatoes. My trainer wanted me to add some carbs and told me to do something like brown rice, sweet potatoes, and jasmine rice. Have you tried the Jasmine rice.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound really good!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Jasmine rice.

I LOVE Jasmine rice. I make a lot of Thai food and I always use Jasmine rice with that. By far my favorite type of rice. It's so fragrant and delicious, which is something not often said about rice. Yummmmmmmmmm. :love: