Size 8!

Options
I just got back from the mall where I purchased my first pair of size 8 jeans!

I haven't been a single digit size in at least ten years! I've spent most of my life in 14-16 and was a REALLY tight 18 at my highest weight of 236. (I refused to shop at the big girl store, so I squeezed my fat butt into those stretchy Old Navy 18s until they ripped and I finally had to face facts: Either lose some weight or go buy some new pants at Lane Bryant--thankfully I chose to lose the weight!)

This feels like a MAJOR accomplishment to me! My ultimate goal is to get into a size 6 and it suddenly feels like I might actually make it. For the longest time that's just seemed like some abstract number, not something I might actually be able to attain. But now it's only ONE SIZE AWAY! I know it's going to take some major motivation and hard work, but I know now that I can do it!

Edited to add: I just started a six week challenge group on the Motivation and Support board if anyone is interested in joining! We're setting mini-goals for six weeks starting today! Anyone looking for some support is free to join us!

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!
    Congrats!
  • sedenne
    Options
    Wow....great job! Yeah, I remember the days of a size 8....I am hoping to be there before Christmas! Congrats and know you will make your goal of a size 6....!!!
  • amicklin
    Options
    Wow girl!!! :drinker: You will be telling us about your size 6 purchase soon I am sure!!! Congrats!!:bigsmile:
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    Good job girl! I am in, excuse me, WAS in an 18 up until recently when i had to get some belts. I can't wait until i can finally purchase my size 8's! You are an insiration to us all girly!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    way to go! that is awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • mskellyw
    Options
    Thanks guys! It feels good to be able to brag a little! :wink:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    You deserve to brag!!! Way to go!!! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!

smiley-happy096.gif
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I was in size 18s myself about a year ago, and I can't wait til I'm a size 8! It's really inspirational to hear of others who have accomplished the same goals I am after. Way to go! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!