30 Day Shred?

Options
I just bought the DVD at Wal-mart today. I was wonder who all had success with it? Who would recommend it? Thanks!

Replies

• peachpearl1
    Options
    i just started it but ive heard really good things! I did day 1 of level 1 yesterday and i am way more sore than i get doing 20min on the elliptical and then lifting so it must be doing something!!
    one tip ive gotten from others about it is to pay attention to how many inches you've lost versus lbs because some people say weight comes off you but a lot say they see just a lot of inches coming off! good luck :)
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    love it! I started doing level one on youtube, and loved it so much I bought the season. I never get bored with it, and I find every day I do it, I am a little more capable. Still on level one, but am trying to talk myself into trying level two this week.
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    Finished the first level yesterday, lost 5.75 inches!
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    Totally recommend it! I have seen lots of success on it here. I am on level 3 and can tell a big difference in my body. Others may not be able to so much, but I can. I also have way more stamina than I did on the first few days! Good luck!
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    i am seriously thinking of buying it, let me know how you go!
  • Slhuth
    Slhuth Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of Level 1...highly recommend!! I haven't lost weight, but like the others, I am losing inches!! I really like it because it is quick, but definately work up a sweat!! Good for someone that only has a half hour...
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JAWSmith
    JAWSmith Posts: 3
    Options
    I am headed for day 3 on level 1. Not as sore as the last time I tried. I've heard so many good things about the series that I think I will stick with it this time so I can give an honest opinion. Calves are more sore than when I run hills for a couple of miles. Maybe that means it's working muscles I thought I was using while running. OR, I am doing the exercises wrong.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 4 of Level 1 yesterday. Getting easier, but still a killer. Looking now to see what video I want to get for when my 30 days are over!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I finished it and lost 13inches and 1.4lbs, now i'm doing Ripped in 30, and also have her six week six pack and killer buns and thighs which I LOVE!!! good luck, the first 3 days suck, and after that you're golden. Just stick with it
  • summaryzn
    summaryzn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    this post is pretty ironic. I bought 30 days shred probably 3 years ago tried it once and said No F'n Way! LOL... i recently came across it since Ive moved and have a basement and thought let me give it another while.. Didnt last 5 mins. I have recently rejoined the gym and ecided to get in 30 mins of cardio during the workweek (its a good way to avoid traffic by leaving earlier in the morning and hitting the gym before work). I think in another week or 2 I will pull out my 3DS and see if I can get thru workout 1 - though I did agree the music was BEYOND terrible! thanks for the shout.. I can get my moneys worth... after all these years.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm wearing clothes I haven't been able to put on in ages. I started April 1 and even with a few days off here and there I have had very noticable changes. Mine are inches not necessarily a large weight loss yet. Be sure to give it a chance. I noticed most changes around day 10+. Good luck!
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    LOVE it helpped me get from a size 14 pants to a size 9 no doing ripped in 30 :)
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love it!! Had to stop because of abdominal surgery but getting ready to start it again. :flowerforyou:
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Starting it on Monday, but doing it as one day on 30DS, one day cardio (alternating), and one day off a week.
    Doing it this way since there is weighted movement, muscle NEEDS time to recover to grow.
    I don't think this will hinder my progress since Jillian recommends 2 days of 30 DS and one off, one day a week rest in her pod cast (30days- marketing ploy, you still do 30 days, just in a longer time frame).
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I forgot how hard Level 3 is. I haven't made it to Level 4. Tear trickling down cheek.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of level 2 and I love it. Haven't done measuring or pictures, but my size 12 jeans I just bought are already loose. I started No More Trouble Zones last night & it was awesome! I'm only doing the 30DS 4 days a week though. I have zumba 2 or 3 days, /walking/jogging every Sunday and usually take one day off.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    love it! I started doing level one on youtube, and loved it so much I bought the season. I never get bored with it, and I find every day I do it, I am a little more capable. Still on level one, but am trying to talk myself into trying level two this week.

Definitely give level 2 a try. I think you will find it a nice change from level one. I actually liked level 2 better. I was afraid at first that it would be so much harder but after you build stamina and core muscles in level one you are much more capable of level 2. I still go back and add level one to my work out if I have extra time.
  • dlynnkind
    dlynnkind Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. I got most of my results in the beginning from that. I lost about 7 pounds but more that 12 inches.

Keep at it and just go at your own pace. I did it 5 days a week on my lunch break at work and rested on the weekend. Modify what you have to but you will notice your endurance and strength getting better. Also make sure you take pics and measure, because the scale can be very deceiving.

Good Luck!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I've done it. Rely on a tape measure not scales. I lost 2lb but quite a few inches. Thinking of doing it again actually :)