Trying to get fit and healthy, looking for friends :)

I've got numerous health issues due to food.. Issues.. I'm currently working on getting rid of and most of them could be fixed (to an extent) by having a healthier diet
So I'd love to find people that losing or maintaining their weight the healthy way to be friends with on here :)
For motivation when it gets tough :)

Replies

• mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me
  • Hi, i just joined and i'm sort of doing this on my own, I'm trying to eat healthier and lose a few pounds, i just had a baby boy about 6 weeks ago and it's time to get moving! We can do this!
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Hi, i just joined and i'm sort of doing this on my own, I'm trying to eat healthier and lose a few pounds, i just had a baby boy about 6 weeks ago and it's time to get moving! We can do this!
    congrats on the new baby!!!
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    I'm always looking for new friends who are trying to lose weight the HEALTHY way! Friend request sent :smile:
  • Congratulations! Ill add you :)
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Hi I'm new to the site too. Trying to lose weight to avoid getting the dreaded diabetes that most of my family has already.
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    I can always use more friends I am also trying to eat healthier and better you may add me as well if you would like
  • I would like some friends to help with motivation and maybe advice :)!!! Any will do, I need that motivation otherwise I just flop!!
  • :flowerforyou: I too have health issues becuse of food allergies. Would love to hear more of your story. Add me as a friend!!
  • darcie81
    darcie81 Posts: 69 Member
    i sent you a request...
  • :happy: yoou can add me too :)
  • dejatyja
    dejatyja Posts: 109 Member
    Hi I'm new to the site too. Trying to lose weight to avoid getting the dreaded diabetes that most of my family has already.

You are not alone. I'm the same way. Diabetes and high blood pressure runs rapid in my family and I'm determined the curse will not continue to myself and my children. We got to start somewhere and be dedicated. Good luck to you
  • PaigeStephenson
    PaigeStephenson Posts: 19 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on taking that first step by getting on here and starting your journey!
    Friends on here will definitely help with motivation and for those tough days and help answer questions. Its a very supportive *family* here. Feel free to add me ... and best of luck ... you will do GREAT!!

p
  • Thanks for all the encouraging replies :)
    Feel free to send me a message if you want to chat about anything :)
  • inked219
    inked219 Posts: 51 Member
    hey - feel free to add me! Always looking for more supportive friends to encourage and be encouraged.
  • Hi feel free to add me as well! I love being supportive and motivational! :)
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Really am scared about getting diabetes especially since I know I am high risk. The trouble is it doesn't seem to motivate me enough to really get this weight off. The strange thing is when I was pregnant and had to stick to a strict diet I did it. I even came out after having my baby one stone (14lbs) lighter! Doing it for her sake obviously motivated me more than doing it for my own!